PDA

View Full Version : WTF??

Thumper
01-17-2016, 03:57 PM
I guess youse dufes are aware the USPS raised their rates today. Well, actually, it's official tomorrow, but anything you put postage on today is at the higher rate. (FedEx and UPS went up also BTW) Now here's what I don't get ... the PO just raised their rates in May. Reason? The high cost of fuel. Now that fuel is extremely low, comparatively, why are the rates going UP again?

It's the same with the economy. Before, EVERYTHING negative was been blamed on the high cost of fuel. Now that it's been dropping like a rock, China is sinking into the Sea, the stock market falls off a cliff and everyone's IRA's are going straight into the toilet. The only "positive" thing is, the domestic oil companies are going broke so they'll stop fracking in P-holes backyard and put an end to the Okie earthquakes!

Of course. here closer to home ... I didn't have ONE frigging eBay sale yesterday, the LAST day of the lower postal rates. My shipping prices skyrocket today, so of course, I had FOUR sales before noon! Go figure. :(

jb
01-17-2016, 05:33 PM
That's why I buy the Forever Stamps.

Buckrub
01-17-2016, 05:35 PM
That's why I say the gummint is inefficient in its every endeavor, and should be replaced with a cartoon.

airbud7
01-17-2016, 05:46 PM
How much is it?........Heck I always thought the usps were fucked by the giverment....I think if I can send a letter to my Mom/Thumper/Cappy/Barry/CD/Bucky/LJ/JB/HideHunter/Big Muddy heck even sunny in washington state for less than a dollar....Its a dam good deal!!!

Buckrub
01-17-2016, 05:50 PM
Actually, no.....Universal Postal Rates are one of the worst ideas they ever had, and cost way more than they are worth.

an opinion.

Buckrub
01-17-2016, 05:51 PM
And I remember when cokes doubled in price because of the high sugar prices from Cuba. When they went down, the cokes stayed expensive.

Profit is a great thing. Keeps the world moving, oiled, fat, happy........and complaining.

quercus alba
01-17-2016, 05:52 PM
Amazon Prime

airbud7
01-17-2016, 05:53 PM
Actually, no.....Universal Postal Rates are one of the worst ideas they ever had, and cost way more than they are worth.

an opinion.

What^?....what?....what?....pizza delivery yes........a letter cross country/ No.

Thumper
01-17-2016, 06:58 PM
Amazon Prime

I don't BUY ... I SELL! (Note: SOMEBODY pays for that shipping ... care to wager a guess as to whom that may be?)

Yep Airbud, I don't mail $0.49 letters ... I ship packages. I agree, having someone pick up a birthday card from my house in Florida and deliver it to my brother's house in N. California ain't really all that bad for under 50-cents. But stick something that does not bend into that envelope and that same 1-ounce runs you $2.60. Take a box and throw a few pounds into it and it's a whole 'nuther ball game! Trust me, it adds up fast. I just get tired of the old "fuel price" excuse ... it's like hearing "It's Bush's fault" over and over again and it never changes.

The airlines are even more ridiculous. A couple weeks ago, when my sister was in the hospital, Lynn started checking airfares in case we needed to fly out to Houston to give my BIL a hand. She found a great rate (can't remember the airline) of something like $112 each (arbitrary number). Then she read the fine print and that rate was just for a RESERVATION ... the SEAT was extra! WTF??? That's like buying a new car then having them tell you it'll be an extra $100 if you want a steering wheel with it. Airline management needs to be lined up and shot these days.

Buckrub
01-17-2016, 07:08 PM
I don't BUY ... I SELL! (Note: SOMEBODY pays for that shipping ... care to wager a guess as to whom that may be?)

Yep Airbud, I don't mail $0.49 letters ... I ship packages. I agree, having someone pick up a birthday card from my house in Florida and deliver it to my brother's house in N. California ain't really all that bad for under 50-cents. But stick something that does not bend into that envelope and that same 1-ounce runs you $2.60. Take a box and throw a few pounds into it and it's a whole 'nuther ball game! Trust me, it adds up fast. I just get tired of the old "fuel price" excuse ... it's like hearing "It's Bush's fault" over and over again and it never changes.

The airlines are even more ridiculous. A couple weeks ago, when my sister was in the hospital, Lynn started checking airfares in case we needed to fly out to Houston to give my BIL a hand. She found a great rate (can't remember the airline) of something like $112 each (arbitrary number). Then she read the fine print and that rate was just for a RESERVATION ... the SEAT was extra! WTF??? That's like buying a new car then having them tell you it'll be an extra $100 if you want a steering wheel with it. Airline management needs to be lined up and shot these days.

Great use of 'whom'.

So proud.

Thumper
01-17-2016, 07:17 PM
Yeah, SOMETIMES it just "sounds" right ... when it does NOT sound right is when I have a problem. ;)

Captain
01-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Chalk it up to shit cost more now than it did when you were 15.
Pass the cost along, or eat it, or quit. Those are you options.
You're welcome :D

Thumper
01-17-2016, 08:51 PM
I gots your option hangin' right here! :)

Buckrub
01-17-2016, 09:04 PM
I'll make another prediction here. I predict many states will raise......maybe drastically.......their state's gasoline tax soon.

LJ3
01-17-2016, 09:23 PM
I gots your option hangin' right here! :)

You're from Florida. You sure that ain't a chad?

airbud7
01-17-2016, 09:23 PM
Chalk it up to shit cost more now than it did when you were 15.
Pass the cost along, or eat it, or quit. Those are you options.
You're welcome :D

This^...............I have a friend that I want to send an i7 mobo and a nice graphic card to and his country has a $200 tax on the shit!!!.....An you bitch Thump???

HunterEd
01-19-2016, 09:44 AM
USPS :banghead I'm still trying to figure out the new flat rate prices and shipping.
I hustled last week to get a few orders out before Sunday. Now I'll have to edit 80 odd auctions with shipping fees to be determined at time of purchase.
Shipping kills me especially when it comes to lead and boolits.
I do have a FedEx account for cartridges, firearms and odd size boxes, but they ain't gonna ship 60 pounds of lead to Hawaii or Alaska for $15.00!
I pass the cost along. Most folks it does not bother them since it beats driving 2 hours to the local bullet shop. Some guys think your making 500% profit on a $30.00 sale and offer you a low ball price and want shipping included.
I'm waiting like in the past for all the quick rich people and gougers to get tired of looking at all the over priced stuff they purchased. Sooner or later they have to make a car payment or the old lady wants her garage back!

I don't have a 44 but I do have 3 casting pots and 25+- moulds. Like a few years back I took about 100 pounds of 45's and 44's and turned them into 38's and ingots.

Thumper
01-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Well, on that heavy stuff, you come out like a bandit with the Priority Mail Flat Rate. 'Course, you're limited to 70 lbs. I think, but I doubt I'd want to put more than that in a box that size.

I'm still trying to figure out the new flat rate prices and shipping.

Where/how do you figure your shipping prices?