PDA

View Full Version : Make y'all slap ya'lls gramma..

HideHunter
01-18-2016, 04:24 PM
..as all you "southerners" say..

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1652/24374080926_ed131409cd_z.jpg

Goose breast.. tried it two different ways. .both grilled - both good. . my favorite: Work over with the Jaccard.. marinate in a little olive oil, soy, Worcestershire, hot sauce, balsamic, garlic, black pepper. Wrap in bacon, grill to about 120 internal.. rest 10 minutes.... dayyyyyaaaammmm.

Wish we had a "recipe" forum.. ;)

Nandy
01-18-2016, 05:03 PM
That looks awesome!!!

LJ3
01-18-2016, 05:04 PM
I'll eat that whole plate while someone is busy slappin their grandma! Poooooor Granny!

BarryBobPosthole
01-18-2016, 06:09 PM
I've tried to like goose but just can't bring my taste buds around. Flavor is just too strong for me.

BKB

Trav
01-18-2016, 06:21 PM
I've tried to like goose but just can't bring my taste buds around. Flavor is just too strong for me.

BKB

Knowing you, you probably over cooked it.

BarryBobPosthole
01-18-2016, 06:23 PM
Well at least it was cooked and not just in need of a vet!

(time for your midget friend to pipe in)

BKB

Thumper
01-18-2016, 06:38 PM
Same here. Only had (wild) goose once ... a bit too "strong" for me. But that does look good!

BarryBobPosthole
01-18-2016, 06:40 PM
I've only had wild goose, unless you count goose liver pate' and I love that shit. Almost as much as Larke's Camp Pate'!

Does barnyard goose taste any different than Canadian pothole goose?

BKB

Trav
01-18-2016, 06:41 PM
The midget is at a conference in Hawaii so we may not hear from him.

BarryBobPosthole
01-18-2016, 06:42 PM
Poor fucker.

BKB

HideHunter
01-18-2016, 10:26 PM
in all honesty, Trav probably nailed it.. There is nothing "strong" about this goose. It doesn't taste like chicken. It definitely is a darker meat.. But I'll bet, fixed like this, a lot of people would guess it to be marinated beef. but *don't* overcook it..

LIVER? jeeezuz.. didn't anyone ever tell you, that's (to borrow a page out of Len's book) fucking *guts*. . . and it tastes like it.. even raw.. don't ask..

BarryBobPosthole
01-19-2016, 12:14 AM
Yep, wish I could explain it. Plus the method of producing it is about the most inhumane thing you can do with a goose. Well, unless you're Thumper. But I digress. I can't explain it, but I love it. I'm a fried chicken gizzard lover too. There's a gas station on the corner in Pine Bluff, Arkansas that has the best fried gizzards on the planet.
Go figure.
BKB

Thumper
01-19-2016, 09:57 AM
I'm a fried gizzard fanatic myself. It started as a young kid when I'd tag along with my uncle while he was dove hunting. My aunt would fry the dove like chicken and that's when I ate my first gizzard. There's a little hole-in-the-wall here in town that's in one of the roughest neighborhoods here (a block from the projects). They have the best gizzards I've ever had. Probably once/month I'll run over there for a brown paper sack full of gizzards. (I pack heat!)

I love calve's liver (hated it as a kid) and really enjoy Lynn's liver & onions, but I'm not crazy about chicken livers (go figure) ... UNLESS Lynn makes Rumaki ... I can put a ton of THAT shit away, big time!

http://spcitytimes.multimediachanne.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/rumaki-e1391558067305.jpg

HideHunter
01-19-2016, 11:00 AM
Yep - love gizzards.. but, if you chop the liver up in chicken gravy - you've done ruint it.. and that's hard to do with gravy.

BarryBobPosthole
01-19-2016, 11:03 AM
I can't do chicken livers.

And those are he only two innards that I eat. Except what's in hot dogs and baloney and I ain't going there.

BKB

Thumper
01-19-2016, 11:31 AM
Yep - love gizzards.. but, if you chop the liver up in chicken gravy - you've done ruint it.. and that's hard to do with gravy.

I'm with you Hidey-Ho. I run into that when we go to Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house (we go every year, they're practically family). They always make giblet gravy, but chop the liver up and add it in the gravy also. I can eat it, but as far as I'm concerned, it does nothing but ruin what "could" have been really good gravy!