PDA

View Full Version : Neat Little Discovery

BarryBobPosthole
01-20-2016, 10:11 AM
Over the past year much of my reading has been digging into the history of my area, specifically about the time of the late 1700s to the mid 1800s. There was some really interesting shit going down then, to say the least! Folks who say they were born a hundred or two hundred years too late ought to try to get a real picture of what life was like then. And in a lot of ways, the high risk of dying even before your feet hit firmly on the ground would have been worth it given the opportunities there were. But if you're the type person whose first thought when they find a point is "Now I wonder what the guy was like that made this?", then you ought to spend some time reading up on this era. For where I live, the decisions made then are very much an important part of almost everything. So anyway, I'll shut up.

Except to tell you about something you might know about but I didn't. Old Tom Jefferson just didn't send out Lewis and Clark to explore right after the Louisianna Purchase. He sent quite a few folks. And some of them rivalled, or so they say, the Lewis and Clark one in what was found and its impact. There was one to my part of the country that looks to be really interesting. I just found the record of their journals but haven't started it yet. They explored the Ouachita River basin in general.
Its called....
The FORGOTTEN EXPEDITION 1804-1805 THE LOUISIANA PURCHASE JOURNALS OF DUNBAR AND HUNTER

So there's more than anybody wanted to know. But I'm a bit of a nerd about it I know.

BKB