PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Sky, have you seen these in use???....

Big Muddy
01-21-2016, 01:04 AM
Just finished watching Fred Eichler's "Predator Nation" tv show....he and his buddy were hunting wild hogs in Georgia, using airguns....I've never seen anything like them....they are bad-azz....'course, at $1,300 bucks, they better be bad-azz!!! ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dfBdLB61PaI

Big Skyz
01-21-2016, 10:29 AM
I've seen some pretty powerful air rifles but no, I hadn't seen this particular model before. Interesting.

Big Muddy
01-21-2016, 11:04 AM
Well, I know how tough a hog's hide is, and they skinned the hogs out to show the depth of penetration....one of them shot a 100 pounder, and the pellet went plum thru the body cavity at about 40 yds.
Fred shot one between the eyes at 30 yds., and pellet went plum thru the head, and lodged in the body cavity....hog was DRT.
Those guns are pumped up with a bicycle pump....I had no idea that an air gun could achieve such accuracy and power!!!

Buckrub
01-21-2016, 11:12 AM
Well, I know how tough a hog's hide is, and they skinned the hogs out to show the depth of penetration....one of them shot a 100 pounder, and the pellet went plum thru the body cavity at about 40 yds.
Fred shot one between the eyes at 30 yds., and pellet went plum thru the head, and lodged in the body cavity....hog was DRT.
Those guns are pumped up with a bicycle pump....I had no idea that an air gun could achieve such accuracy and power!!!

So, you didn't see "No Country For Old Men"???

:toothy

airbud7
01-21-2016, 11:15 AM
Wow ....thats a heck of an air rifle...your link led me to the Benjamin Rogue and they deer hunting with it/ 3000lbs of air pressure Wow...

Chicken Dinner
01-21-2016, 11:51 AM
That'd be cool if legal during archery season. This might be my next toy: http://ar15hunter.com/franklin-armory-bfs-trigger-review/

johnboy
01-21-2016, 12:16 PM
Lewis and Clarke used an air rifle called a Girandoni on their expedition with great success. Cool stuff.

Captain
01-21-2016, 01:17 PM
Lewis and Clarke used an air rifle called a Girandoni on their expedition with great success. Cool stuff.
I was going to post that same thing and you beat me to it. I think there is a YouTube video about the rifle Lewis and Clark had.

Captain
01-21-2016, 01:37 PM
Found it.
http://youtu.be/-pqFyKh-rUI

BarryBobPosthole
01-21-2016, 01:42 PM
Neat stuff!

Who was it messing around recently with an air rifle? HH?

BKB

HideHunter
01-21-2016, 01:55 PM
Yep.. I've been through a couple/three.. all mine have been "springers" - cocked with one stroke - (wow.. that may open a can of worms with this crowd). ;) These high-powered, larger caliber weapons have been popular overseas for generations.. Just taking off here. They are compressed air with a reservoir. While some can be filled with a bicycle-type pump you are talking literally hundreds of strokes. Most use SCUBA tanks or something like them.. I've seen some units now available for around the $660.. They do look like fun.

Big Muddy
01-21-2016, 02:16 PM
So, you didn't see "No Country For Old Men"???

:toothy

Sure, I saw it, several times matter of fact....but, that isn't nearly an air gun he used....that was a captive bolt gun, like is used in slaughter houses....huge difference.