PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday humor......

BarryBobPosthole
01-26-2016, 08:13 AM
....So, two Corinthians walk into a bar......

BKb

Arty
01-26-2016, 08:27 AM
He really needs some coaching on how to talk to the Evangelicals.

BarryBobPosthole
01-26-2016, 08:50 AM
To me, even the demographic 'evangelicals' is kind of sleazy. I guess if a person lets his church decide how he should vote he's an evangelical? 'Christian' voters would be a much bigger segment than they are talking about. So what it boils down to is they are white, they are christian, and they are 'born again'. Which means protestant. And of course, conservative. I haven't heard of any liberal evangelicals, although there are liberal christians I suppose.

I wanna see my demographic tracked in the polls: the Backslider demographic.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-26-2016, 09:03 AM
What did I miss?

Thumper
01-26-2016, 09:03 AM
The latest Trump flub.

Thumper
01-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Or actually, it's been a while ... there's prolly been another one or two since. I haven't been following the past few days.

BarryBobPosthole
01-26-2016, 09:20 AM
Well, its a flub that is really minimal, but if you know anything at all about the Bible you know Trump really doesn't know shit about his, so then you ask yourself, "Does it matter that he pretends to know something when he really doesn't?" And then you ask yourself "What does it matter?" and then that ugly Hillary double standard thing comes up in your pointy head, and then maybe it is a bigger deal than you thought, and oh fuck it.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
01-26-2016, 09:41 AM
No Hilary double-standard here. I despise both her and Trump with pretty much every fiber of my being.

BarryBobPosthole
01-26-2016, 09:48 AM
I don't know if I'd say necessarily that any evangelical who supports Trump is a hipocrite, but I'd probably challenge if they were really an evangelical.

BKB

Thumper
01-26-2016, 10:06 AM
As far as I'm concerned, politics and religion should have absolutely no relationship with one another anydamnway and shouldn't even be part of the mix. You know ... that ol' meaningless "church & state" thing ... but it'll always be there.

LJ3
01-26-2016, 10:33 AM
I don't even want to vote, amen. Oops. Dang.

BarryBobPosthole
01-26-2016, 10:35 AM
You're the 'Chick Evangelical' demographic.

BKB

LJ3
01-26-2016, 10:39 AM
I don't even know what Evangelical means.

I'm with BBP. Protestant!

Buckrub
01-26-2016, 10:41 AM
For the record, just so you guys can say you know such a voter........

I'm NOT an Evangelical.
I AM a Christian.
I AM a "Fundamentalist Christian" I suppose, but have never used that label till right then.
I AM NOT a "Protestant". I Protest nothing.
I don't have a church (Christ does), but the church I go to NEVER even hints at how we should vote.
I have no problem mixing Politics, Religion, Life, or any other important thing that actually occurs while I am upright on Earth. I do, however, believe that Civic law doesn't have to coincide with my personal religious law, although a huge discrepancy is an issue.
I laugh heartily at 'religious humor' if it's not sacrilegious.
I doubt any current candidate will do very much to further the interests of Christianity. SO, I don't put that into the equation.
I AM concerned with the moral decline I see around me, though.

But I don't appreciate being lumped into a demographic that is so very inaccurate.

LJ3
01-26-2016, 10:43 AM
Who lumped bucky?

I think Christian is the way to go. The rest of it is unnecessary sub-species stuff.

Buckrub
01-26-2016, 10:45 AM
Who lumped bucky?

I think Christian is the way to go. The rest of it is unnecessary sub-species stuff.

I just meant that most of America lumps me into "Evangelical" because I'm a Christian. Or it seems that way to me.

quercus alba
01-26-2016, 11:20 AM
Not sure I consider my self fundamentalist, in fact I'm not real sure exactly what constitutes fundamentalism. Apparently it's not limited to Christianity. It seems by definition I can be a christian, muslim, wiccan or even satanist and still fall within the parameters of "fundamentalist". Same goes for religious.

Lots of people claim to be religious in order to achieve their own ends, Trump has never shown any religious tendencies to serve anyone other than self. President Obama only separated himself from Wright when it was necessary for his political image. I know absolutely nothing about Cruz whether he's sincere in his faith or not and don't really care. I'm not voting for a pope. all politicians are posers and flip flop on whatever is the issue for the day.

I don't like liars and hypocrites but politics is what it is so no, it doesn't offend me if a candidate fakes being religious to gain votes or not. I'm more interested in the man/woman who is most likely to protect what is important to me and put America first.

BarryBobPosthole
01-26-2016, 11:36 AM
Not sure I consider my self fundamentalist, in fact I'm not real sure exactly what constitutes fundamentalism. Apparently it's not limited to Christianity. It seems by definition I can be a christian, muslim, wiccan or even satanist and still fall within the parameters of "fundamentalist". Same goes for religious.

Lots of people claim to be religious in order to achieve their own ends, Trump has never shown any religious tendencies to serve anyone other than self. President Obama only separated himself from Wright when it was necessary for his political image. I know absolutely nothing about Cruz whether he's sincere in his faith or not and don't really care. I'm not voting for a pope. all politicians are posers and flip flop on whatever is the issue for the day.

I don't like liars and hypocrites but politics is what it is so no, it doesn't offend me if a candidate fakes being religious to gain votes or not. I'm more interested in the man/woman who is most likely to protect what is important to me and put America first.

And you just made my point. Folks pick and choose what they judge a candidate's integrity upon.one says: Its okay if they are dishonest about their spirituality, because hey, spirituality has nothing to do with politics. Others say the opposite about candidates who are running based on their spirituality, and lack credibility or integrity in other areas, such as Ted Cruz.

Its tough being a conservative these days! But if I were one, I'd say Kasich has the best chops of any candidate when it comes to authentic Christian values and authentic conservative principles. But he won't get 10% of the vote. And its interesting why he won't.

That, to me means there ain't much authenticity in the GOP.

BKB

LJ3
01-26-2016, 12:14 PM
I think each formal religion should be referenced by the prophet that has told them what the deal is with the world. Much easier for me to keep track of and lets be honest, this is about me.

wait, we've moved on from this topic change, haven't we?

Arty
01-26-2016, 12:15 PM
To me, even the demographic 'evangelicals' is kind of sleazy. I guess if a person lets his church decide how he should vote he's an evangelical? 'Christian' voters would be a much bigger segment than they are talking about. So what it boils down to is they are white, they are christian, and they are 'born again'. Which means protestant. And of course, conservative. I haven't heard of any liberal evangelicals, although there are liberal christians I suppose. I wanna see my demographic tracked in the polls: the Backslider demographic. BKB
Agree it's a shitty title for a demographic.
I'm certainly a 'christian' voter. No doubt about it.
But I also disagree with a lot of what the "evangelicals" push.

I don't consider myself liberal. I have been known to vote on moral principals over fiscal. But I don't want to be lumped into the "evangelical" crowd. At least in this instance.

DeputyDog
01-26-2016, 07:15 PM
Its tough being a conservative these days! But if I were one, I'd say Kasich has the best chops of any candidate when it comes to authentic Christian values and authentic conservative principles. But he won't get 10% of the vote. And its interesting why he won't.

I agree with you on Kasich. I don't understand why he's been ignored. It's kind of scary when you think about it. The candidate who can make the most noise has the best chance of winning instead of the best candidate.