PDA

View Full Version : OK, Hide........I give up.......

Buckrub
01-26-2016, 10:20 AM
What's a 'Caucus'?

Why don't you just simply vote? Why do you get to help pick our President this way? Why do you get to go first?

I looked up "Caucus" last night and got so sad I went to bed. Can you help me understand it's purpose better?

LJ3
01-26-2016, 10:29 AM
Did you mean Hide? or Idaho?

If you don't understand it, I don't have a chance in hell!

Buckrub
01-26-2016, 10:35 AM
I meant HideHunter, the Iowan.

Republican caucus method made some sense, sorta, kinda.....even though it seems patently unfair.

Democrat method.........honestly? I gave up, got indigestion, and went to bed.

Whole process makes me upset. The whole thing. Polls upset me. The process upsets me. George Washington warned us. Then I got even more upset when I realized that the guy ONE heartbeat from the President is not someone we vote for DURING the process! He's some bozo that the CANDIDATE chooses, unilaterally, and we have to live with it.

And THIS is a Democratic Republic???

Arrgghh,.

LJ3
01-26-2016, 10:41 AM
see? this is why I have no hope of understanding complex political things.

Buckrub
01-26-2016, 10:44 AM
You sell yourself short.

This is ONE state. If it were 11th in the process, I doubt I'd notice or care. No one but them understand it, surely not me!! That's what I asked Hide to help me understand it. I don't know if he participates or not. I wonder what happens to all the Iowans that want to vote in the General Election but who don't show up at a "Caucus"???

HideHunter
01-26-2016, 10:48 AM
lol.. well, you can probably get as good a definition on google as what I can give you.. Basically, every county has "precincts".. People within those precincts gather together, discuss the candidates - then vote.. I probably should be ashamed to tell you - I don't take part.. I personally know very few people (other than the staunchest) who do. If it was a "vote" I most probably would.

As far as why are we "first"?

Because we are bygawd gonna be!

Other states have tried to schedule ahead of us.. we changed.. There have even been legal proceedings. I think we are as early as we can go now so no one can get ahead.

Again - I'm a little embarrassed I can't give you better answers. Frankly, I find the whole system archaic and a bit of a joke.. especially for all the weight it swings.

Buckrub
01-26-2016, 10:49 AM
Well.........look at it this way.

You can chant
WE'RE NUMBER ONE
WE'RE NUMBER ONE