PDA

View Full Version : This is pretty cool ...

Thumper
02-01-2016, 09:53 AM
... but I'm not sure I could handle those ticket prices for a fancy elevator ride! :hair

<iframe width="760" height="427" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aDIN26yxbnw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buckrub
02-01-2016, 09:58 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Claustrophobia

Fear of Heights

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooo

Thumper
02-01-2016, 10:18 AM
I guess that wouldn't be your cup'o tea huh? ;)

I've been to the top of the Empire State Building, but their observation deck is not enclosed. I have pics of the World Trade Center I took from the top. I believe it (the WTC) was still under construction at the time (early 1972), but some tenants had already moved in.

DeputyDog
02-01-2016, 06:44 PM
The one that kind of got to me was the elevator ride to the top of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. I'm usually not claustrophobic but I'm 6'3 and about 240 and they stuffed me and three other similar sized guys into that thing.

Buckrub
02-01-2016, 07:01 PM
The one that kind of got to me was the elevator ride to the top of the Gateway Arch in St. Louis. I'm usually not claustrophobic but I'm 6'3 and about 240 and they stuffed me and three other similar sized guys into that thing.

I went up that thing in like 1969, when it was new........and I sat on the grass underneath and.......well never mind........and I ain't never going again. It's a beautiful sight as I sit in Section 254 of Busch Stadium, but that's as close as I ever wanna get again.

DeputyDog
02-01-2016, 08:31 PM
I had no problem once I got out of the elevator. I thought it was kinda cool that you were looking down instead of out of the arch. I did make sure that the ride down was with fewer people.