PDA

View Full Version : Well that was cool!

Buckrub
02-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Sportsman's Channel just showed an episode of Krappie King TV, on Lake Conway! That in itself was interesting.

But the guys that they were filming were in the Crappie Magnet boat. I sorta did a double take, and said "I've been in that boat"!!! I don't know the owner, but a friend of his is a friend of mine, and he had borrowed that boat because his was in the shop, or something............and we went fishing. We were supposed to go in my boat, but he said he had that one, and couldn't just leave it sitting for fear something would happen to it. So we took it.

We didn't do squat. ha.

I just texted him and told him that I'd seen the show, and he said that was filmed the very next day after we went fishing last year.

So.......I was sorta, kinda, almost, barely, on TV.....or at least something I touched was............ha.

Thumper
02-01-2016, 01:36 PM
And the next day, they prolly caught tons of crappie. What does that tell ya'? ;)

Buckrub
02-01-2016, 01:39 PM
They did. It was on TV.

It tells me I'm a bad fisherman, is what it tells me

Thumper
02-01-2016, 01:59 PM
:fishing :thumbsup

HideHunter
02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Caught that episode this morning.. Nice batch of fish for "Lake Toad Suck". ;) I did miss the first couple minutes.. What kind of bodies were they using?

Buckrub
02-03-2016, 10:09 PM
I don't know. I had the sound off.

I'd guess, based on the boat...........these............
https://www.troutmagnet.com/store/crappie-magnet-c-3.html

HideHunter
02-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Just caught a glimpse a time or two.. I'll bet it was the "Slab Magnet".. They mentioned they were using 1/16th and 1/8th oz head and a "bigger" body - just didn't say "what". thnx

Buckrub
02-04-2016, 11:03 AM
The water was bad stained. That lake is about 6 feet deep most places. I know right where they were fishing, in those cypress trees. That's hard fishing to get a jig to the bottom right there........too many branches, etc.........and they're using 11-14' poles. So I imagine they need heavier heads to get down fast. 1/8 is danged big for a crappie jig head weight. I bet I don't have 10 that big.

Seems I do remember seeing them reach in a bag for some bodies, and I remember reading the brand, but..........the memory is gone...like most of 'em these days. I can ask Chris what they used if you really want to know.

HideHunter
02-04-2016, 10:21 PM
Yeah, we use 1/8 oz in the cedar trees up here some. 16th is standard. I'm not a great Wally Marshall fan (him personally- we've met) but he is offering a a jig down to 1/32 with a #2 hook. Hooks 'em right in the beak. As far as the bodies - don't go to any trouble.. I just noticed they came in several colors and some with "sparkle".. Thought you might know off hand. For dabbling - I'm a real fan of the Southern Pro Crappie Critter..

Buckrub
02-04-2016, 10:39 PM
Yeah, we use 1/8 oz in the cedar trees up here some. 16th is standard. I'm not a great Wally Marshall fan (him personally- we've met) but he is offering a a jig down to 1/32 with a #2 hook. Hooks 'em right in the beak. As far as the bodies - don't go to any trouble.. I just noticed they came in several colors and some with "sparkle".. Thought you might know off hand. For dabbling - I'm a real fan of the Southern Pro Crappie Critter..

As are a huge percentage of the Arkansas contingent on Crappie.Com........where I used to hang out some.

My general jig setup is 1/16 jig head, colored if I can get it, red if I can find it, and a chartreuse body. Who made it, I generally don't care nor notice.