PDA

View Full Version : BRRRUUUUUUUCE!

Chicken Dinner
02-05-2016, 11:33 AM
I just scored tickets to see The Boss in a couple of months. He's touring The River and I've heard really good things from those who have been already. I've seen him a bunch of times and he never fails to bring it.

Big Muddy
02-05-2016, 11:38 AM
I like him, too, Chick.

quercus alba
02-05-2016, 01:48 PM
Never been to a concert

Chicken Dinner
02-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Any concert?

quercus alba
02-05-2016, 02:20 PM
None. Something about large crowds of drunks don't appeal to me. Matter of fact large crowds of sober people don't appeal to me. I've never been to a college or pro game although I did go watch a farm club game one time

Thumper
02-05-2016, 02:31 PM
The last Springsteen concert I went to was in L.A. in the mid-80's shortly after he released his "Born in the U.S.A." album. There were no drunks ... but joints were being passed from every direction. Heck, there was so much being passed around, my buddy and I didn't even have to reach into our personal stash!

BTW, this wasn't an outdoor concert ... it was at the Civic Center! Oh the good ol' days. :D

LJ3
02-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Nice! One of the best shows I've ever seen. You might could tolerate a Brice show now QA. His fan base needs to be in bed by 11:00pm so they don't get as tore up as they used to :)

Chicken Dinner
02-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Hey now!

Captain
02-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Thought this post was about Caitlyn Jenner....
You had me worried.

Captain
02-05-2016, 05:39 PM
The last Springsteen concert I went to was in L.A. in the mid-80's shortly after he released his "Born in the U.S.A." album. There were no drunks ... but joints were being passed from every direction. Heck, there was so much being passed around, my buddy and I didn't even have to reach into our personal stash! BTW, this wasn't an outdoor concert ... it was at the Civic Center! Oh the good ol' days. :D

I just knew you were gonna tell a Thump story about meeting Bruce and y'all sharing groupies one night after eating some nasty under cooked crap... :D

BarryBobPosthole
02-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Score! My favorite live show was when he played in the band that feted Roy Orbison. There were several awesome musicians but Springsteen really belnded perfectly with Roy. Obviously I didn't see it in person but I'd sure have given my eye teeth to have been there.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
02-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Roy Orbison singing for the lonely
Hey, that's me and I want you only
Don't turn me home again
I just can't face myself alone again

One of my best Springsteen concert memories was being at a show at FedEx Field a couple of days after Johnny Cash died and he opened with an acoustic version of "I Walk the Line".