PDA

View Full Version : No offense to Cap and Abud....but,.....

Big Muddy
02-07-2016, 12:30 PM
I'll hafta be rooting for Peyton, tonite....just too many personal MS ties to the family....think I said it before, I played four sports against Archie for 8 years....just a great guy, and such a humble and respectable family.

Captain
02-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Panthers have never won a Super Bowl so I'm pulling for them all the way. But if Carolina looses I hope they make a good game of it.
What's the difference between the Panthers and a dollar bill? You can still get 4 quarters out of a dollar! The second half will determine it....

Chicken Dinner
02-07-2016, 02:14 PM
I'll be happy for Cappy and Airbud if they win it 'cause I know what a great feeling that is. I think I'll be rooting for the sentimental favorite and would like to see Manning go out on top.

airbud7
02-07-2016, 02:25 PM
I think I'm gonna pull for the Panthers this today.

LJ3
02-07-2016, 03:31 PM
I'm with CD. I'd like to see Manning win but Carolina would have to REALLY lose focus for that to happen. Unless he wins on a bunch of crazy trick plays. Look for at least 3 trick plays by Denver and they win by 4. You heard it here first.

Big Muddy
02-07-2016, 04:10 PM
My bil and I were disussing the game, late last night, right before bedtime, so I guess that's the reason I had this dumb dream....the winning score was either 35-17 or 37-15, but for the life of me, I can't remember who won it !!!

Buckrub
02-07-2016, 04:17 PM
At that score, I did. I have the 'over' for 50 pts total.

Chicken Dinner
02-07-2016, 04:27 PM
My expert opinion is that folks may be under estimating Denver's defense which is actually pretty darn good. Maybe even better than Carolina's. Maybe, it's more of a "hope". 😎

At any rate, If one of these scores in the 30's I think it'll be a blow out for Carolina.

Hombre
02-07-2016, 04:34 PM

Captain
02-07-2016, 04:37 PM
Look for my buddy Big Jim, he's there.

Buckrub
02-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Big Jim is everywhere that's somewhere.

Talk about a guy to envy!!!

Buckrub
02-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Not that I don't envy you too! :)

Hombre
02-07-2016, 05:04 PM
At the vip party at Davids? Not many people here I could find him. Or at the game? Not sure how id find him.

Captain
02-07-2016, 05:22 PM
He's at the game I don't know what his plans are there?

LJ3
02-07-2016, 06:40 PM
My expert opinion is that folks may be under estimating Denver's defense which is actually pretty darn good. Maybe even better than Carolina's. Maybe, it's more of a "hope". ��

At any rate, If one of these scores in the 30's I think it'll be a blow out for Carolina.

The Denver D-Line is FIERCE. They remind me of Dexter Manley and Charles Mann back in the day. Chances were, one of those two guys was gonna get your ass and even if they didn't, the odds that they could were enough to throw QBs off their collective game. Cam is a differnt kinda QB though. If they wind up chasing him out of the pocket, he can smoke ya.

Chicken Dinner
02-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Nice eye liner!

Captain
02-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Congrats Muddy! Your boys did good.
Got Cam rattled early and he never got in a grove to make the plays. Seems he was off all night with his passing and Denver hammered him in the pocket.
The best team won tonight.

airbud7
02-07-2016, 11:48 PM
Agree^....Denver's defense was to much for Carolina.

Chicken Dinner
02-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Hombre- what was it like being there? It's definitely a bucket list item for me.

Captain
02-08-2016, 09:37 AM
I bet he had a better time than another friend of mine had. Our Governor who I've been friends with for many years was in a California SHP car that was involved in a wreck that totaled the SHP car.
Bad enough for us to go out there and get our ass handed to us, but don't try to kill our Governator too!
http://www.wral.com/report-gov-mccrory-uninjured-in-post-super-bowl-car-accident/15335593/

Big Muddy
02-08-2016, 10:28 AM
On the news, this morning, it was estimated that Budweiser made $3.2 million, when Peyton said "Budweiser beer" two times in his two post-game-on-field interviews....and, the beer plugs didn't cost them a red penny.

It was also mentioned Peyton is a stockholder in two Budweiser distributors. ;)

Smart guy !!!! ;)

LJ3
02-08-2016, 11:08 AM
I'm sorry I missed the news conference afterward. Would have loved to see cocky cam bitching up like he was :)

Sorry. I'll be nice from now on.

Big Muddy
02-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Sorry, Cap and Abud, but Newton's post-game interview did not make him look very good, as a team leader....walking out of the interview, made him look childish....he's catching a lot of criticism about it, this morning.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNM8UGYymfo

DeputyDog
02-08-2016, 11:11 AM
How bad does it have to be to get Deion Sanders calling you out?

Thumper
02-08-2016, 11:25 AM
On the news, this morning, it was estimated that Budweiser made $3.2 million, when Peyton said "Budweiser beer" two times in his two post-game-on-field interviews

Now, can someone please explain to me how they came up with that?

"Oh. Peyton Manning said "Budweiser" ... TWICE!!! Even though I drink Miller, I'm gonna run to the store right now and buy a couple cases of Bud!"

Who comes up with this bullshit?

BarryBobPosthole
02-08-2016, 11:52 AM
Miller?

BKB

airbud7
02-08-2016, 11:57 AM
"Oh. Peyton Manning said "Budweiser" ... TWICE!!! Even though I drink Miller, I'm gonna run to the store right now and buy a couple cases of Bud!"

Who comes up with this bullshit?

^^^did it.

Thumper
02-08-2016, 11:58 AM
BKB quote:

Miller?

I just picked a brand out of the air for the sake of argument. Would Dogfish Head Pale Ale work better for ya'? ;)

airbud7
02-08-2016, 12:00 PM
Ice cold miller ponies

long time ago.

BarryBobPosthole
02-08-2016, 12:06 PM
BKB quote:

I just picked a brand out of the air for the sake of argument. Would Dogfish Head Pale Ale work better for ya'? ;)

No, I like Bud though. But I didn't buy any because of Peyton Manning.

BKB

Thumper
02-08-2016, 12:08 PM
What chaps my ass is the NASCAR crowd sucking down a Coke every time a reporter sticks a camera/microphone in their face. They ALL do it to some extent. I think Joey Logano is a nice enough kid, but he just looks so "fake" when he does it that it just turns me off!

I know Coke has a "Chug for Charity" program and they donate to the driver's chosen charity for whomever shows the most chugs at the end of the month, but it has reached the point of ridiculousness IMHO.

http://www.teampenske.com/images/content/story/Joey%20Coke.jpg

Thumper
02-08-2016, 12:12 PM
As for the Miller comment ... I'm not a beer snob and if I just order a simple beer with some wings at Hooters or sumpin', I usually go with Miller Lite. Bud Lite would work just as well ... I'm far from picky when it comes to domestic beers.

Gonna shit, shower and shave right now ... gonna meet Lynn for lunch ... I'll prolly drink water. ;)

Later dufes.

Hombre
02-08-2016, 12:15 PM
Hombre- what was it like being there? It's definitely a bucket list item for me.

My seats werent great, but i am really glad I went. The experience was pretty cool. All the fans were hyped and you could feel the energy. But, you know its going to be a long night when the fan directly behind you yells "i am going to be the most obnoxious fan youve ever heard" by the 3rd quarter his own wife was threatening to leave and by the 4th security came up and he left. All in all though both sides fans were cool.

What I probably found the coolest though was the pure show of force by homeland, local police, fbit here werepolice on dirt bike, utv, armored vehicles and it seemed liks everyone had an m16. Almost felt like a good offense is the best defense.

Short - glad I went but next time Ill probably watch it at home

BarryBobPosthole
02-08-2016, 12:19 PM
As for the Miller comment ... I'm not a beer snob and if I just order a simple beer with some wings at Hooters or sumpin', I usually go with Miller Lite. Bud Lite would work just as well ... I'm far from picky when it comes to domestic beers.

Gonna shit, shower and shave right now ... gonna meet Lynn for lunch ... I'll prolly drink water. ;)

Later dufes.

Maybe they'll have Natty Light! The beer of discriminating drunks!

BKB

Captain
02-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Sorry, Cap and Abud, but Newton's post-game interview did not make him look very good, as a team leader....walking out of the interview, made him look childish....he's catching a lot of criticism about it, this morning. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kNM8UGYymfo

I had not seen that Muddy. Thanks for passing it along. Yep he sure did not handle that well. Very immature! And certainly someone that you don't want representing "your" team.

BarryBobPosthole
02-08-2016, 05:48 PM
He's a youngster (albeit a pro) being interviewed right after he and his team just lost the biggest game of his life. So I'll cut him slack for that.

There's some other stuff about him that is not real representative of the good guys though that makes it tough to root for him.

BKB

LJ3
02-08-2016, 06:05 PM
I'll give him the age. He's just a kid. Still, lots of kids could have handled that better. I listened to a recording of it today and you can hear what sent him over the edge. There was a denver defensive back talking very loudly in an interview right next to him saying "Yeah, our plan was to box cam in and make him beat us with his arm and he couldn't do it" or something like that. Pretty sure I would have walked over and told that guy to eat a bag of dicks.

Maybe I should recuse myself from this indictment of his character :)