PDA

View Full Version : Shed hunting .....

Big Muddy
02-09-2016, 06:49 PM
Our deer season closed down on Jan. 31st, so I did a short walk-about, looking for sheds, and found this set about 10 feet apart in one of my clover patches....had pretty fair mass, and those floor tiles are 12" square, so that'll make him have about 16-17" inside spread....might be a nice one, next year, if he survives until then.
Never laid eyes on the big 14 point unicorn buck, again, but I'm sho 'nuf keeping my eyes open for his sheds.

Thumper
02-09-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm not so sure those are from the same deer.

Big Muddy
02-09-2016, 10:19 PM
Pic is a bit misleading....had to take pic, leaning a lot to the right to avoid my shadow....also, I saw this buck several times, and his right side is definitely weaker than his left.

Thumper
02-09-2016, 11:14 PM
Got it. Cool! I found a matching set once. In fact, I think I still have them out in the garage. They were probably 1/2 mile apart in two totally different areas, but they are pretty much an exact mirror image. I found them something like 3 days apart.

Captain
02-10-2016, 05:42 AM
Got it. Cool! I found a matching set once. In fact, I think I still have them out in the garage. They were probably 1/2 mile apart in two totally different areas, but they are pretty much an exact mirror image. I found them something like 3 days apart.

You probably gave that shit away too... ;)

Thumper
02-10-2016, 08:15 AM
Actually, I tried to give them to a fellow Good Hunter here, but ran into all sorts of legal mumbo-jumbo regarding mailing game parts or some such b/s.