PDA

View Full Version : The Twilight Zone

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2016, 03:21 PM
The most most bizarre presidential race in history and gas prices at these lows in Oklahoma.

Dogs will be marrying cats next. You just wait and see.

BKB

jb
02-10-2016, 03:23 PM
You're about 30 cents lower than up here, road tax makes up most of it.

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2016, 03:27 PM
I gave up trying to figure out how it works. Sometimes we're hgher than the rest of the country, sometimes we're lower. The last time it jumped up some here, they said it was due to some refineries being down up in Chicago. But....we have refineries here. So go figure. I'm just thankful its as low as it is. This is about where it should be, IMO.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
02-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Dang, I paid $1.75 yesterday and thought I was in high cotton as my fill up was under $40.

airbud7
02-10-2016, 04:39 PM
With oil prices this low, Obama wants $10 per barrel oil tax...
The proposed $10 per barrel oil tax works out to about 25 cents per gallon of gasoline.

The U.S Average is already 47.99¢ tax per gallon....if he gets his way it will be almost 75¢ per gallon tax...wtf.

Thumper
02-10-2016, 04:42 PM
I heard on the news this morning, it's expected to drop below $1/gal. in some parts of the country.

Chicken Dinner
02-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Seriously, didn't the stock market go down when the price of oil went up? And, now it's going down again because the price of oil is going down. If I didn't know better, I'd think the deck was stacked.

LJ3
02-10-2016, 05:01 PM
Dang, I paid $1.75 yesterday and thought I was in high cotton as my fill up was under $40.

Same, $1.79 and I was texting wife telling her about how we were literally robbing the oil barons.

Chicken Dinner
02-10-2016, 05:01 PM
If anyone is paying attention, that's a third the cost of milk...

Captain
02-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Damn every time gas gets cheap we get a buncha' new folks from West Va in the Charlotte area.... :-(

Thumper
02-10-2016, 06:52 PM
If they aren't careful, they're gonna bankrupt the fricker-frackers and P-hole won't be able to bitch about his earthquakes anymore. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2016, 07:29 PM
We blew our chance at diversifying our state economy back in the 80s when it (oil prices) crashed. Maybe this time the state won't give away the farm with gross production tax breaks that we are committed to now. See, essentially new technology drilling like horizontal drilling and fracking in the tar sands pay so little in taxes that they can pretty have a free ride for the next few years. Giving these big breaks ( a 1% gross production tax compared to 7-11% in surrounding states) was supposed to bring high paying jobs to Oklahoma. It didn't. Neither did the quality jobs program which gave even more huge tax breaks for companies that brought jobs to Oklahoma. About 60% of those go to energy companies, who are currently laying off. But the breaks are already committed. Our legislature basically bet the farm on giveaways to the energy business. So now we have what's currently estimated as a $1.3 billion budget short fall. Thats big for such a small state population. And here's how they respond. They want to take away the wind energy tax credits. Its been proposed by Oklahoma republicans in both the state and federal legislatures. To give perspective, the entire federal tax incentive package for wind is $95 million. The state of Oklahoma alone provided $765 million in tax breaks to oil and gas in 2014 and its grown every year since 2010. Our politicians are purely owned by the oil and gas business. Any time ANYTHing happens to upset that apple cart they scream 'war on oil' or 'war on coal'.
Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all. I hope they all go out of business and their politicians in their pocket too.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2016, 07:37 PM
And some more perspective? Its estimated that the US provides $37 billion ANNUALLY in subsidies and tax breaks to the fossil fuel industry. And some folks have the huge brazillian ball suits to call it a free market? And we're worried about $95 million for wind energy development? Who is getting protection do you think?

And these fuckers on these Republican debate stages are all flying cover for these assholes.

BKB

Thumper
02-10-2016, 07:37 PM
So ... why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel? :stirthepot

BarryBobPosthole
02-10-2016, 08:04 PM
Hahahaha...we need Herb around here to keep me on the straight and narrow! I sure miss that big oaf. When Keith and I would look for him at local outdoor shows he was always easy to spot because he was a head taller than most of the crowd.

I often wondered if he might be Osage or part at least. The men in that tribe are commonly way over six feet and he lived in Osage country and worked with them through the BIA. Wouldn't surprise me. Smart, smart man, old Skip was.

I guess yesterday being Bassdog's birthday is making me extra sentimental this week.

BKB

LJ3
02-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Dang BBP. That sounds like a total clusterfuck. I have no doubt ALL of the politicians are flying cover for big money assholes of some flavor. Even the Bern & Trump.

Nandy
02-10-2016, 09:27 PM
Dogs will be marrying cats next. You just wait and see.

BKB

I thought they were already...