PDA

View Full Version : Woo Hoo!

BarryBobPosthole
02-11-2016, 07:20 PM
Scored tickets to see Graham Nash, row 3 on May 3rd n Tulsa. They just went on sale today.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
02-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Nice!

Thumper
02-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Cool show. Hope he tells the story about the old days when he and Joni Mitchell were living together. Neat story and he was inspired to write "Our House" during an evening after she'd purchased a vase at a little antique shop next to where they had breakfast that morning. Cool story.

Sorry ... here comes the "bud" story ... I know his Tour Manager pretty well. (dang, I may have been able to scam a ticket for you) ;)

I wrote about the Graham Nash concert here before. Lynn and I saw him when he was down here last. My (Subway) buddy, his wife, Lynn and I went together. Lynn and I got there early and I met up with Crook (Manager's name) at the theater to pick up the tickets before they'd opened the doors to the public. Lynn and I were standing in the lobby b/s'ing with him while we waited for our friends to show up. That's when Lynn snapped this pic. (Later, everyone thought he was David Crosby)

Once our friends arrived, we went on into the theater and b/s'ed for about an hour until he had to get to work with the show prep. I snapped this pic of him talking with Lynn and our friends.

I assume he'll be at the Tulsa show. A super, SUPER nice guy!

Here he is w/Graham and Graham's girlfriend Amy. I think the gal with Crook is named Kathy. (?)

quercus alba
02-11-2016, 10:02 PM
never heard of him, any kin to Graham Norton?

Thumper
02-11-2016, 10:37 PM
Crosby, Stills, NASH (and Young). Heard of them?

Captain
02-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Crosby, Stills, NASH (and Young). Heard of them?
Who's that. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
02-11-2016, 11:19 PM
Deja Vu is still one of the most 'listenable' albums ever recorded. I bought the lp and 8 track, still have the lp, when it first came out in 70 when I was a young buck in a pickup truck. I still listen to it regularly to this day. 'Almost Cut My Hair', side one track three is my favorite song on the album. Its like their 'White album'. Too bad they couldn't get along.

BKB

Thumper
02-12-2016, 09:19 AM
Who's that. ;)

Bite me youngin'! ;)

Yep Postie, I was a huge fan back in the day. In fact, I was a Graham Nash fan back when he was with the Hollies (he and Alan Clark???) formed that band, then Nash moved on to form Crosby, Stills & Nash. I think I had all their 8-tracks at one time (including the Hollies).

Thumper
02-12-2016, 09:42 AM
Postie, I just searched and found that story about when he wrote "Our House". When I first moved to L.A, I lived in the San Fernando Valley. I was about a block or two off Ventura Blvd. and many times (to avoid the freeway traffic), I'd take Laurel Canyon to get to work in Hollywood. So all these places he mentions mean something to me. To be honest, the way Graham talks about Joni Mitchell, I think he still has a "thing" for her. You can hear it in his voice. Anyway, here's the story ... it's kinda cool, I think.

http://performingsongwriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Joni_Graham-Diltz.jpg

“I came to live in America in 1969 and stayed with David [Crosby] for a couple of nights. He threw me a party and invited Joni [Mitchell] whom I hadn’t seen since meeting her when I played with the Hollies. After that party I went home with Joni and spent a couple of years with her in her home in Laurel Canyon.

“One day Joan and I got up and went to breakfast at a delicatessen on Ventura Boulevard, and a few doors away there was a little antique store, and in the window Joan saw this vase, went inside, fell in love with it, bought it and brought it back to the house.

“It was a kind of a cold gray morning as it sometimes can be in Los Angeles, and I said, ‘Why don’t I light the fire and you put some flowers in the vase that you just bought.” So she’s cutting stems and leaves and arranging flowers in this vase, and I’d lit the fire. Now, my and Joan’s life at the time were far from ordinary … and I thought, ‘What an ordinary moment.’ Here I am lighting the fire for my old lady and she’s putting flowers in this vase that she just bought. And I sat down at Joan’s piano and an hour later, ‘Our House’ was written.

“I think the only thing that I’ve ever really tried to do with whatever talent I was given by God, is that I want to touch people’s lives for the better. I have no choice about this writing thing; I have no idea where it comes from; I don’t want to question it too much. But I am so grateful that I can write.”

<iframe width="590" height="430" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NZtJWJe_K_w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LJ3
02-12-2016, 09:54 AM
So... are his shows playing covers of CSN and sometimes Y? I'd go see that.

Thumper
02-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Yeah, he does a bit of everything, but his only accompaniment is his lead guitar player. It's a mellow, nostalgic show and kind of an "intimate" setting. I enjoyed it. Tulsa my be a bigger venue, not sure where it will be held, but P-hole will be right up front, so he won't get lost in the crowd.

LJ3
02-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Well... He's no Celtic Woman.

Thumper
02-12-2016, 10:22 AM
And YOU sir, can get in line behind Cappy. ;)