PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone need....

Captain
02-14-2016, 07:38 PM
Before I put on Craigslist I'm gonna see if any of you dufes need any of this stuff. I can only post one picture at a time or the site locks up on my phone. So I will be editing this for the next while getting everything posted. New Remington 700 BDL right hand stock. This is not a take off this is a new in the box from Remington replacement. Never been mounted it's a long action I'll take a hundred bucks plus shipping. 6624 I have a interarms electric point 4X40 scope that is new in the box (never mounted or used). It has crosshairs and a point that lights up in the center. Very nice scope. I have several of these. But this in the only one I will sell. 125.00 plus shipping. 6625 A Nikon 4.5X12X40 camo scope with bullet compensation. It has been mounted as it came on a gun I purchased and I wanted a different scope so I took it off. I do not have the box. 60 bucks plus shipping 6626
A Simmons Whitetail 6.5X20X50 adjustable objective scope. WELL used and marked up. 40.00 bucks and shipping.

Thumper
02-14-2016, 08:18 PM
Craig's List? Are you CRAZY??? Some axe murderer is gonna GET'CHA! :hair

Captain
02-14-2016, 08:20 PM
Craig's List? Are you CRAZY??? Some axe murderer is gonna GET'CHA! :hair
Well it's that or an axe murder from eBay.. ;-)

quercus alba
02-14-2016, 08:33 PM
I'll give you 50 bucks for the whole lot even tho I don't need the rifle stock

Captain
02-14-2016, 08:51 PM
I'll give you 50 bucks for the whole lot even tho I don't need the rifle stock

That's awful kind, but I would hate to burden you with all of it. :D

Big Skyz
02-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Captain even though that will fit a BDL I believe that is the Classic version not a standard BDL. For the record the Classic is generally considered more desirable among many Remington fans. You could likely sell that stock quickly on 24houcampfire.com. There are a ton of Remmy fans there.

Captain
02-14-2016, 09:00 PM
Captain even though that will fit a BDL I believe that is the Classic version not a standard BDL. For the record the Classic is generally considered more desirable among many Remington fans. You could likely sell that stock quickly on 24houcampfire.com. There are a ton of Remmy fans there.

Thanks Big Sky. I'll give these dufes first crack at it and if no one needs it I might slip over there and try to sell it.

Thumper
02-14-2016, 09:41 PM
Email Gunther ... he'd prolly buy it for firewood! ;)

Arty
02-14-2016, 09:55 PM
Believe I'm interested in that camo Nikon. Think it would work on my Mossberg 835. Not the same camo pattern, but then again my camo never matches.

Thumper
02-14-2016, 10:17 PM
Believe I'm interested in that camo Nikon. Think it would work on my Mossberg 835. Not the same camo pattern, but then again my camo never matches.

That's waaaay too much scope, plus ... I'm not sure if this will start an argument here or not .... but you may want to go with a shotgun scope on that 835. A shotgun "can" destroy a rifle scope and with the shorter eye relief, you may want to carry a box of Band-Aids with you. Plus, you SURE don't need a 4.5X12 on a shotgun!

Arty
02-14-2016, 10:28 PM
I've got a 3x9x40 rifle scope on it now.and it kilt a deer dead.

Thumper
02-14-2016, 10:33 PM
What do they say about a blind pig finding an acorn once in a while?

I didn't say you CAN'T do it ... it just ain't kosher in a lot of ways. There IS a difference between rifle and shotgun scopes. I know lot's of guys who have kilt a deer with a .22 short also, but that doesn't make it the ideal set-up ... well, unless you hunt at night, or out of season. ;)

Arty
02-14-2016, 10:42 PM
What do they say about a blind pig finding an acorn once in a while? I didn't say you CAN'T do it ... it just ain't kosher in a lot of ways. There IS a difference between rifle and shotgun scopes. I know lot's of guys who have kilt a deer with a .22 short also, but that doesn't make it the ideal set-up ... well, unless you hunt at night, or out of season. ;) you need to stick to oyster knives. :)

Thumper
02-14-2016, 10:53 PM
I DO have a few hours of experience as I hunted deer with an 870 slug gun for 30 years. Just sayin'.

Seriously, it wouldn't hurt to study up on it a bit and make an edumikated decision. ;)

Big Skyz
02-15-2016, 12:07 AM
I don't know if I'm more shocked that this is hunting related discussion on this site or the fact that Thumper is absolutely correct with his scope advice. This is almost too much for my mind to comprehend all at once. :D

Thumper
02-15-2016, 08:07 AM
Dang! I don't know whether to say thanks, or tell you to go get a ladder. :)

Heck, I didn't even offer the 32mm objective suggestion to get the scope closer to the barrel. I just didn't want the dufe going into "info-overload". ;)

Arty
02-15-2016, 09:09 AM
Dang! I don't know whether to say thanks, or tell you to go get a ladder. :) Heck, I didn't even offer the 32mm objective suggestion to get the scope closer to the barrel. Ya' don't wants a crazy mounting height on a shotgun. I just didn't want the dufe going into "info-overload". ;)
Now it's you that needs to get the stool!

For the record... When I first read that I saw "4.5" and for some reason I immediately thought "fixed power". Which is why when you said it was too big, my response was that I have a "3x9" on it right now...

So to recap: 1) you need to get a stool. 2) and still stick to oyster knives.

:)

Captain
02-15-2016, 09:13 AM
Only at GoodHunting..... ;)

Thumper
02-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Artimus, you need to attend one of Bucky's reading comprehension classes. Cappy not only posted the power, but I repeated it immediately before your 3X9 response.

Thumper quote:

Plus, you SURE don't need a 4.5X12 on a shotgun!

Now, who REALLY needs that stool? (BTW, I farted on your oyster knives before I shipped 'em!) ;)

The whole point is, you're wanting to mount a rifle scope on a shotgun. I'm just kindly suggesting a shotgun scope if you're looking to make a purchase for your 835.

Arty
02-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Artimus, you need to attend one of Bucky's reading comprehension classes. Cappy not only posted the power, but I repeated it immediately before your 3X9 response. Thumper quote: Now, who REALLY needs that stool? (BTW, I farted on your oyster knives before I shipped 'em!) ;) The whole point is, you're wanting to mount a rifle scope on a shotgun. I'm just kindly suggesting a shotgun scope if you're looking to make a purchase for your 835. I only read every 4th word when you post something. Isn't that the proper way?

Thumper
02-15-2016, 10:19 AM
I'm surrounded! ;)

airbud7
02-15-2016, 10:50 AM
http://img.michaeljacksonspictures.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/popcorn-blank.gif