PDA

View Full Version : Town Hall meeting

Thumper
02-18-2016, 01:04 AM
I enjoyed listening to the candidates tell us how great they would be as president, more than the "debate" (term used loosely) format where they all spend their time name-calling and the conversations have no substance, but I'm not too sure I know what to believe and what is b/s. This campaign season is a real mess and I still have no clue which name I'm going to fill in on the ballot.

Man, I get exhausted listening to Rubio ... he needs to slow down. He talks like he just swallowed a handful of Adderall and I feel like I've just jogged 10 miles after listening to him. Carson seems like a nice guy, but puts me to sleep. Cruz ... well, with Cruz, I tend to hear nothing but bullshit spewing from his mouth.

Tomorrow night should be "interesting".

Fido
02-18-2016, 08:34 AM
I was watching that tooo. Should be a good one tonite!

Chicken Dinner
02-18-2016, 09:55 AM
Supposedly, Cruz is ahead of Trump by 1% nationally in the latest Wall Street Journal poll. Not sure how I feel about that.

BarryBobPosthole
02-18-2016, 10:07 AM
Well, now we can all relax because its all in God's hands.

Glenn Beck: God took Scalia to give America Ted Cruz as president
http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/17/politics/glenn-beck-god-killed-scalia-so-cruz-could-win/index.html

Chicken Dinner
02-18-2016, 10:44 AM
Sweet Baby Jesus! I really think Cruz and his supporters are going to start speaking in tongues and snake handling next. They're either completely delusional or totally disingenuous. Maybe both. Either that, or its the work of the Devil.

BarryBobPosthole
02-18-2016, 10:53 AM
So God killed a Supreme Court justice so that Ted Cruz could be president. I'm still trying to digest that. Still can't.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
02-18-2016, 11:15 AM
If Glenn Beck, or any person of Faith, truly believes that God did it. Then, he has to believe that the Devil could have done it as well. How does he presume to know which one? Did God speak to him? If so, how does he know it was God and not the Devil?

Thumper
02-18-2016, 11:21 AM
There's a God and a Devil? ;)

Chicken Dinner
02-18-2016, 11:26 AM
I said, "person of faith". Personally, I don't think God or the Devil take a real active role in the affairs of Man.

There's a God and a Devil? ;)

Thumper
02-18-2016, 11:40 AM
I'm not so sure ... ask Flip Wilson.

(See, P-hole isn't the only one who can play this game) ;)

LJ3
02-18-2016, 12:18 PM
If Glenn Beck, or any person of Faith, truly believes that God did it. Then, he has to believe that the Devil could have done it as well. How does he presume to know which one? Did God speak to him? If so, how does he know it was God and not the Devil?

Let's be careful here... I'm starting to wonder if this is how other Prophets and their story gets started over the centuries!

Chicken Dinner
02-18-2016, 12:30 PM
I'm not so sure ... ask Flip Wilson. (See, P-hole isn't the only one who can play this game) ;)

I'm trying to have a philosophical discussion here. Get with the program.

Chicken Dinner
02-18-2016, 12:35 PM
Let's be careful here... I'm starting to wonder if this is how other Prophets and their story gets started over the centuries! Glenn Beck - the next Jesus or Jezebel? Discuss.

Arty
02-18-2016, 12:39 PM
The answer from most "people of faith" would probably be that anything "the Devil does" was only because God allowed him to. The Devil only get free reign In things that God allows him to.

That said, Glenn Beck is an idiot for saying this, or believing it.

Big Skyz
02-18-2016, 01:06 PM
I'm giving up on politics until November. I have a pretty good handle on what I think of each candidate. Even with that it all doesn't really matter until November as the choices will be limited. The one thing I do know is that I will absolutely not be voting for a democrat in November, both are beyond pathetic poor choices. It's almost as if we hit the bottom of the barrel and then the democrats from a level or ten below that.