PDA

View Full Version : What's the "G" for? Gesus?

Thumper
02-20-2016, 04:42 PM
The husband of one of the house-keepers at Lynn's hotel passed away this week from cancer. We spent all morning in the "ghetto" (right across the street from the projects here in town) in a small all-black church where the funeral was held. I counted the rows of pews and came up with an estimated 150 people in attendance. All were black but 4 of us (Lynn's Japanese), then there was the Assistant GM and another manager from the hotel ... as well as myself. Man-o-man was it a "holy-roller" affair. Lot's of singing, lot's of "Amen's" and plenty of "Hallelujah brutha's and sista's"! It was an "interesting" morning to say the least.

Lot's of fancy purple clothes and the men wore tons of "gold" chains spanning from the little Mr. T starter sets to full-fledged gangsta jewelry.

I dealt with all of it in stride, but I had a REALLY hard time keeping a straight face as the preacher drove up in his Triton V10 powered Ford Excursion! (true story!) I wonder if the payments come out of the collection plate? ;)

Arty
02-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Probably getting ready to be repossessed. Trust me. I speak truth here.

airbud7
02-20-2016, 08:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gfO5HOs60w