PDA

View Full Version : What say you, Postie???.....

Big Muddy
02-22-2016, 10:56 PM
Are your Sooners up to a 2nd half comeback???....#4 Baylor looks mighty big and tough.

Ooops, sorry, forgot you don't watch wimmins b'ball....I've sorta got hooked on my MSU gals, since they're ranked 11th.

Big Muddy
02-22-2016, 11:36 PM
And, both coaches are pretty danged easy on the eyes,too.

BarryBobPosthole
02-23-2016, 09:23 AM
I don't watch a lot of it but I do follow the Sooner wimmins team when they're on. Didn't catch last night's game, but I think we lost. Our ladies are probably pretty consistently a 20-25th ranked team this year. We have a couple spark plugs and if they're hitting we win and if not.....
Thump story:
My first cousin was a great girl's player in a little bitty town when we were kids and they played six on six girls basketball in those days. I ran with her younger brother a lot ( We were in our early teens then) and stayed at their house almost as much as I was at mine. Her brother and I played basketball against her and her boyfriend a lot with an old hoop we had nailed to the side of their barn. The court, of course, was dirt. Her boyfriend then went to Nam and came back a very damaged person a few years later. She died of breast cancer in her 40s and her husband died not too much later of alcohol and depression as much as anything else. Nam had a terrible effect on them both. Her younger brother took it on himself to take her boys hunting and stuff and they were always hanging around his and my deer camps when they were little rascally young boys. Her oldest boy grew up to be a teacher and basketball coach where my cousins went to high school in a little fart of a town called Howe, Oklahoma. since he's become coach, they won a couple state championships and this year just won the district with a perfect no-loss season, which is difficult in high school or any other level of basketball. They will be getting started with state and district playoffs this coming week. He's good friends with Sherri Coale as he's sent her a couple of really good Sooner players over the years. I know he's tired of me always telling him how proud his Mom would be of him and how he coaches with the same fire that she played with as a Lady Lion. But I keep thinking of those games of horse or 21 we played out by the barn with that old rusty hoop and I see a lot of her in him.
Yeah, I follow ladies basketball.

And yeah, Sherri Coale is a hottie. My wife makes fun of me for having a crush on her. She always wears those CMFM pumps.

BkB

BarryBobPosthole
02-23-2016, 09:37 AM
And here's another part of the story. My cousin's wife, the coach's wife, also has breast cancer and has been going through treatment. She's had her last chemo and now they are waiting for that all important last scan to see if they've beat it. They're an awesome family. It would really shake my faith if the worse happened.

Here's a cool story about the Lady Lions and their coach. Sorry, I know. thats a shitload more than you wanted to hear.
BkB

http://swtimes.com/sports/basketball-howe-native-achieves-tremendous-success-lady-lion-program

Captain
02-23-2016, 09:48 AM
That's pretty darn cool Posthole. Sad but a great story.

airbud7
02-23-2016, 10:10 AM
Yea great story...

This is what I envisioned in my mind of that old hoop nailed to the side of their barn

BarryBobPosthole
02-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Haha, take away the net and the drawn on backboard and it wouldn't be far from it!

Thumper
02-23-2016, 11:01 AM
And take away that orange paint and add more rust.

But I keep thinking of those games of horse or 21 we played out by the barn with that old rusty hoop ...

(just bein' a noticer) ;)

BarryBobPosthole
02-23-2016, 11:05 AM
And take away that orange paint and add more rust.

(just bein' a noticer) ;)

Well, since you are such a ace noticer, I'm sure you noticed too that the hoop isn't nailed to the barn either, but is one of those with a base you fill with water or sand and you see alot on cul de sacs on city streets. So, just to be authentic.....

BKB

Big Muddy
02-23-2016, 11:08 AM
I think I "notice" some squirrels in those trees. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
02-23-2016, 11:13 AM
I think I "notice" some squirrels in those trees. ;)

And some of 'em have big ol balls too!

BKB

Big Muddy
02-23-2016, 11:20 AM
And some of 'em have big ol balls too!

BKB

If Bucky had some more shotgun shells, we could make a hunt out behind that barn. ;)

airbud7
02-23-2016, 11:22 AM
Ya'll are hard to please...here...

Thumper
02-23-2016, 11:22 AM
Haha, take away the net and the drawn on backboard and it wouldn't be far from it!

And YOUR noticin' skills were a bit slow today also. :D

Thumper
02-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Ya'll are hard to please...here...

Where's the hoop?

airbud7
02-23-2016, 11:26 AM
Where's the hoop?

Grrrrr :banghead.................;)

Thumper
02-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Sorry ... I was just noticin'. :D

Big Muddy
02-23-2016, 11:36 AM
Day'um, Thump's losing it....two hot wimmin pics, and he ain't said a word about them, wanting to ravage him. ;)

Thumper
02-23-2016, 11:41 AM
I can't get past the nasty lookin' legs. Some wimmins make me wish panty-hose would make a comeback. ;)

Big Muddy
02-23-2016, 11:55 AM
But, you'd hit it, right??? :HitIt

Thumper
02-23-2016, 12:08 PM
Ummmm, well ... yeah! ;)