PDA

View Full Version : An Observation

BarryBobPosthole
02-29-2016, 07:07 PM
Every year I let my full beard grow over the winter from daylight savings time change to daylight savings time change. In the spring, I cut it back to a goatee. I've been doing it that way for many years.

Being the noticer I am, I've noticed that the general public treats a fully bearded person a little more standoffishly than they do a Van Dyked type person. And I live in a part of the country where facial hair on men is the norm and not the exception.

Any of you other bearded fuckers notice this too?

BKB

johnboy
02-29-2016, 07:27 PM
Nope but then I've had a full beard since 1975. If I cut it off, nobody would recognize me.

quercus alba
02-29-2016, 08:50 PM
van dyke man myself, usually send women and small children running and screaming in the opposite direction. Course it could be because I'm ugly as sin

Thumper
02-29-2016, 08:58 PM
I'm incredibly handsome bearded or fully shaved. I have to fight the Wimmins off like flies either way and really haven't noticed a difference. :D

LJ3
02-29-2016, 09:26 PM
I've had my goatee for 18 years this past February 3rd. Why do I know the exact date, you may be asking yourself? Because I told my first wife I wasn't shaving until I got laid again on the day Casey was born. And now we know why she is fondly referred to as my first wife :)

I'd try a full beard but I don't think it'd fill in the way I would like and I don't want substandard facial hair.

Bwana
03-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Have had both but my full beard is kept neatly trimmed so it doesn't make me look like one of the Robertson's so I have never had an issue. Then again, maybe it is because I don't get out much. :)

DeputyDog
03-01-2016, 02:46 PM
It's probably the beard with the long hair.

LJ3
03-01-2016, 03:14 PM
having considered this a bit further I think your perception of being treated differently based on your facial hair presentation is more likely related to the fact that you're more of a dick in the colder months.

I know this because I also carry the same affliction. I never realize how bad it gets until the first couple warm days; a feeling washes over me and has me feeling happier right away. My first realization is that "Man, BBP has been a dick during all the colder months"

Ok, maybe it was ME, not BBP but still.

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 03:16 PM
I've become a full time dick now that i'm retired and can devote all my energies to it. I've discovered my inner dickness.

BKB

Thumper
03-01-2016, 03:57 PM
having considered this a bit further I think your perception of being treated differently based on your facial hair presentation is more likely related to the fact that you're more of a dick in the colder months.

I know this because I also carry the same affliction. I never realize how bad it gets until the first couple warm days; a feeling washes over me and has me feeling happier right away. My first realization is that "Man, BBP has been a dick during all the colder months"

Ok, maybe it was ME, not BBP but still.

And NOW you know why I live in Florida ... I'm NEVER a dick. In fact, I have a permanent smile ... that is, until the dicks from up north come down in droves during the winter. Problem is, they bring their dickiness with them and expect to find fellow dicks awaiting their arrival ... then they get even more dicky when they realize we're smiling and think we're laughing at them because they're dicks! :(