PDA

View Full Version : I'm Sorry

BarryBobPosthole
02-29-2016, 08:12 PM
I know politics is getting old. But I just have to comment on the way Rubio and Cruz and even Nikki Haley are blasting Trump over how quickly he did or didn't disavow support from David Duke. Its the weakest of the weak sauce and if that's the best they can do, The GOP needs to just go ahead and slit its wrists with Trump.

And I don't even like Trump. But this is beyond ridiculous.

BKB

Thumper
02-29-2016, 09:07 PM
I swear, it's like the Republican Party has morphed into a playground of 3rd graders! It's actually an embarrassment now. Has anyone here realized the rest of the world watches this shit also? The only thing I can compare it to is, I was in Thailand during Nixon's "I am not a crook" days and was in Russia during Clinton's "I did not have sex with that woman" days. I swear every television in the world was tuned into that crap and it's one of the few times I felt embarrassed to be an American. If I were traveling during these "debates", I think I'd be looking for a rock to hide under. I'd never have imagined politics could hit the low point it's at right now.

BarryBobPosthole
02-29-2016, 09:20 PM
I swear, it's like the Republican Party has morphed into a playground of 3rd graders! It's actually an embarrassment now. Has anyone here realized the rest of the world watches this shit also? The only thing I can compare it to is, I was in Thailand during Nixon's "I am not a crook" days and was in Russia during Clinton's "I did not have sex with that woman" days. I swear every television in the world was tuned into that crap and it's one of the few times I felt embarrassed to be an American. If I were traveling during these "debates", I think I'd be looking for a rock to hide under. I'd never have imagined politics could hit the low point it's at right now.

LJ3
02-29-2016, 09:24 PM
Rubio made a dick joke today about Trump! It's silliness at this point.

I don't even know who I'm gonna flip a lever for tomorrow. Rubiocruzrubiocruzrubio most likely. A buddy of mine went to see Rubio speak about 15 miles from here yesterday. Said you couldn't get within a mile of the place it was so packed. Parking on the highway and what not. Maybe Rubio is more palletable around these here refined parts of the country. Bahhhhh, who the fuck am I kiddin!!!

I'm not throwing in the two party towel like CD did but I'm pretty fucking close these days.

BarryBobPosthole
02-29-2016, 09:50 PM
Oughta be an innersting day tomorrow.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
02-29-2016, 09:50 PM
The two party system is part of the Matrix designed to give us the illusion that we can control our destiny. Free yourself from its shackles.

LJ3
02-29-2016, 09:54 PM
I have absolutely no way to disagree with you CD :)

BarryBobPosthole
02-29-2016, 10:02 PM
I think Marco Rubio might be gay.

BKB

LJ3
02-29-2016, 10:18 PM
If he hasn't had nuts on his chin then trump has a full head of hair.

BarryBobPosthole
02-29-2016, 10:23 PM
I don't know why but when I hear his name I think of Margo of Todd and Margo in Christmas Vacation.

And then I hear in my head "But I wasn't talking to you".

And then I forget to listen to what he just said.

BKB

Thumper
03-01-2016, 01:36 AM
Every time I here his name, I want to holler "POLO!!" .

Big Skyz
03-01-2016, 10:13 AM
What truly sucks, for me anyway, is that both of the democratic candidates are even less appealing to me that the clown show the republicans are putting on. When the dust settles I will be voting for whoever is running against Hillary. I absolutely will not support her in any way, shape, or form...and Bernie is non-factor.

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 10:37 AM
Just curious, but what is the overriding issue with Hillary? And I'm not trying to change your mind, just asking. I mean, there's a lot to overcome on either ticket like you say.

BKB

Thumper
03-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Just curious, but what is the overriding issue with Hillary? And I'm not trying to change your mind, just asking. I mean, there's a lot to overcome on either ticket like you say.BKB

Are you kidding? This could take a while. Does this site even have enough bandwidth to post an answer? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 10:59 AM
Well, I've studied it as closely as anybody here and other than the fact that conservatives hate her guts I really haven't heard much concrete basis. And its okay not to vote somebody because you hate their guts. I hate Cruz's guts much the way righties hate Hillary's. So yeah, I'm with ya.
But Hillary's budget plans adds less to the budget deficit, in fact lowers it compared to trillions added by every single Republican plan. Hillary hasn't announced any plans to put boots on the ground in yet another unpaid for war, yet all I hear from Republicans is 'regime change'. And Hillary's made no pronouncements about the 2nd amendment that I know of.

So unless you believe the politically driven benghazi stuff, or believe the classified email stuff of which there is also no basis to, there's not much left except you hate her guts. Again, I'm not trying to change anyone's mind but The issues this election seems to have changed drastically. The election now is about waterboarding, building walls between us and neighboring countries, deporting 11 million people (ya know, the ones that pick all our vegetables and build most of our homes), carpet bombing, boots on the ground, and imprisoning POWs forever and ever with no due process, and abolishing the IRS for a tax code that will only not drive us totally bankrupt if we have GDP growth thats never been seen in our history.
These guys make the Tea Party look fiscally responsible.

So yeah, I was just wondering.

For the record,
i hate her guts too. But I'd vote for her before I'd vote for one of the lamebrain republicans. Its looking more and more like Kasich for me in the general election, although I doubt he'll make it past Mar 15th. And gosh he's on the edge of idiocy himself.

BKb

Captain
03-01-2016, 11:04 AM
Just curious, but what is the overriding issue with Hillary? And I'm not trying to change your mind, just asking. I mean, there's a lot to overcome on either ticket like you say. BKB

It would be simpler to list what's "right" with her. Listing what's wrong will take up too much bandwidth.

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 11:05 AM
Dang Captain, I was hoping To at least change one person's mind about her and you were tops on my list!

BKB

airbud7
03-01-2016, 11:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dY77j6uBHI

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 03:25 PM
And I don’t know for sure what it means, but there's a lot of talk of a brokered Republican convention. That'll for sure be a kick in the nuts if they just throw out the will of the people. Why wouldn't they just see who had the most votes?

BKB

Captain
03-01-2016, 03:57 PM
Dang Captain, I was hoping To at least change one person's mind about her and you were tops on my list! BKB

I am 1,000% positive that unless something changes on YOUR end me and you will be cancelling out each other's vote. ;) :D

Hombre
03-01-2016, 06:29 PM
For me because she's a liar. I know that describes every politician but two things about her lying sway me. One, she's done it on a global scale costing lives (Benghazi), and we don't even have an idea of the email repercussions. Two, she seems to have a pattern to getting out of a lie. Deny, Stall, wait until it goes away. No matter how much pressure she follows this pattern. I suppose her years in high level positions are a good reason that she's been involved in so many suspected cases. For me its just too many.

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 07:10 PM
That's probably one of her main problems with people is her perception of honesty.

But to be honest, I watched all eleven hours of her Benghazi testimony and I didn't come away thinkng she'd lied at all. She put out wrong information, true, but that happens often when things move fast. Hell it happens when the government is involved when things move slow.
But the overiding reason I never felt like she was close to lying is its never been made clear what she had to gain by lying.

So yes she made a mistake, or at least repeated bad information. That's not the same as lying in my book.
The email stuff? Not a damn thing in 55000 emails released or there'd be an indictment already.
Ain't gonna be one.

So, we're back to just hating her guts.

BkB

Captain
03-01-2016, 07:25 PM
That's probably one of her main problems with people is her perception of honesty. BkB
You said that wrong it should read "her factual perception of Dishonesty".

"WASHINGTON — The State Department on Friday said for the first time that “top secret” material had been sent through Hillary Clinton’s private computer server, and that it would not make public 22 of her emails because they contained highly classified information."

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 07:32 PM
There's lots of folks talk knowingly of the Clintons lies. Mostly, they're about as factual as the Benghai stuff and pretty much always comes from the same political faction as the source. So the statement Hombre made about 'they all do it' is pretty mich accurate. Its which one's gut you hate that really matters. And like I said, that's okay too.

BKB

Captain
03-01-2016, 07:35 PM
She lies about lying.

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Hahahahaha! Mebbeso.

BKB

Captain
03-01-2016, 08:25 PM
Not following Mebbeso???

Captain
03-01-2016, 08:27 PM
It depends of what your definition of is, is.....

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 08:34 PM
mebbeso = okie for maybe so

BKB

Captain
03-01-2016, 08:41 PM
Got it...

LJ3
03-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Yes, Hillary is a liar. are we measuring the content of a candidates character on what percentage we believe they are liars?

This just in, they all lie.

Don't get me wrong, I would piss in her ear if her brain was on fire but holy hell, all these fuckers are straight ass liars through and through.

I voted and I'm pissed!

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 09:54 PM
This guy was on our ballot. He got 1.4% of the democratic vote.

http://www.ourcampaigns.com/CandidateDetail.html?CandidateID=17329

But he wasn't the lowest vote getter. That was Roque Rocky De La Fuente. He got 62 votes.

BKB

HideHunter
03-01-2016, 10:09 PM
There's a meme floating around to the effect: "It's not so much that Hillary is a liar.. everyone knows that. It's that her supporters don't care". I first became aware of this "change" when Marion Barry was convicted of drug charges - then reelected Mayor.. Things just ain't like they was.. This is me shaking my head. (oh, and I definitely agree - they all lie.)

Thumper
03-01-2016, 10:20 PM
Marion Barry was re-elected Mayor.

That's nothing! Heck, Obama was re-elected PRESIDENT!

BarryBobPosthole
03-01-2016, 11:20 PM
Summary of Ted Cruz's speech tonight after the primaries:

"We own all your base."

BKB

Chicken Dinner
03-02-2016, 12:02 AM
I get they're all liars and can live with that on a policy level. Hilary's (and Bill's) lies destroyed people's lives. Regular ordinary folks who dared speak truth to power. I can't abide by that.

DeputyDog
03-02-2016, 01:23 PM
That's probably one of her main problems with people is her perception of honesty.

But to be honest, I watched all eleven hours of her Benghazi testimony and I didn't come away thinkng she'd lied at all. She put out wrong information, true, but that happens often when things move fast. Hell it happens when the government is involved when things move slow.
But the overiding reason I never felt like she was close to lying is its never been made clear what she had to gain by lying.

So yes she made a mistake, or at least repeated bad information. That's not the same as lying in my book.
The email stuff? Not a damn thing in 55000 emails released or there'd be an indictment already.
Ain't gonna be one.

So, we're back to just hating her guts.

BkB

So it's OK when she "repeats bad information" but it's lying when everyone in the Bush administration repeats bad information on WMD's in Iraq?

LJ3
03-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Is it just me or does anyone else sense the incredible awkwardness present in all her speeches? Especially last night.

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2016, 01:34 PM
If the whole WMD was bad information, then the 4,491 Americans killed and 174,000 Iraqi citizens killed is kind of not even in the same category as Benghai is it? And thats not counting the 13 attacks on embassies attacked and 74 embassy employees killed during Bush. To be fair, only three were Americans. But since there wasn't an email search done of Colin Powell's persnal server that he did State Department business on, nor was there a six or seven congressional cmmittees looking into it we really don't know much about it.

So yeah, I'll give Dubya the benefit of the doubt and say he took us into a $1.7 trillion dollar war in Iraq on bad information.

BKB

Captain
03-02-2016, 11:09 PM
AGAIN you fail to mention the democrat controlled Congress voted TO send us in that war. W did not even have a vote in the matter. So you should be saying the Democrats put us in the 1.7 trillion dollar war.
How soon you liberals forget the actual facts and blame the closest Republican for y'all's fuck-ups.

BarryBobPosthole
03-03-2016, 08:37 AM
Is there an innerwebs version of an eye roll?

BKB

Captain
03-03-2016, 09:15 AM

BarryBobPosthole
03-03-2016, 09:23 AM
You wouldn't like it, I'd just lay there like a dead elk.

BKB

Thumper
03-03-2016, 09:40 AM
You wouldn't like it, I'd just lay there like a dead elk. BKB

With his balls blown off from an Okie brain-shot!

https://media.giphy.com/media/14smAwp2uHM3Di/giphy.gif

BarryBobPosthole
03-03-2016, 09:42 AM
Hey!

Its effective is all I can say.

BKB

Thumper
03-03-2016, 10:02 AM
It'd sure put ME down! :hair

LJ3
03-03-2016, 01:44 PM
Lynn told me the other day you hadn't even noticed she had you neutered back when you were in the hospital.

Thumper
03-03-2016, 03:43 PM
As fat as I am these days, I can't see 'em anydamnway! :(