PDA

View Full Version : May They Find Out What Hell Truly Is....

LJ3
03-01-2016, 10:18 PM
More catholic child molesters. This is literally making me ill. Molesting a child not only robs them of their innocence and childhood, it changes them forever, for the worse. There is no way to come back from it. It can't be run away from and you are changed forever, in an instant. There is no therapy to make it all better. The best you can hope for is to learn and understand how you have been forever changed. The way the world looks, your individual self being laid to waste, the ways the mind and body change to survive are all carried in to adult life.... forever.

I hope someone kills everyone of these motherfuckers that are still alive. The earth would be a better place for it.

Rant off.

Doylestown-Buckingham-New Britain Patch: Catholic Bishops Hid Sex Abuse Of Hundreds Of PA Children: Grand Jury

Hundreds of children were subjected to abuse by priests in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Altoona-Johnstown, the Attorney General said.

http://patch.com/pennsylvania/doylestown/pa-catholic-church-sex-abuse-involved-dozens-priests-hundreds-children-ag

Thumper
03-01-2016, 10:30 PM
As part of an effort to cover up the abuse, Bishop Adamec created a “pay out chart,” the investigation found.

For example, victims who were fondled above clothing were given $10,000 to $25,000. Those who were subjected to fondling under clothing or masturbation received $15,000 to $40,000. Victims made to perform or receive oral sex received $25,000 to $75,000 under the bishop’s payout chart. Rape victims were supposed to receive $50,000 to $175,000, the grand jury found.

Remember THAT the next time the collection plate makes the rounds!

LJ3
03-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Yeah... Since I go to Catholic mass with the wife and her family a few times a year, that will DEFINITELY be in my mind when the ole plate comes by.

Equally offensive to me is that parents were willing participants in the coverups, along with people who should be enforcing the law.

Thumper
03-02-2016, 11:10 AM
That's because it's not nice to rock the boat in "God's house".

HideHunter
03-02-2016, 11:51 AM
I guess I'm confused as to why Catholics aren't livid over this.?. I would want heads to roll.. literally. I'm mad now - If I were Catholic - I would be apoplectic.

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2016, 11:58 AM
The God supposedly described in the Bible wouldn't allow shit like this to happen to kids. If he knows every fucking sparrow that falls then he sure as hell knows when this happens. And does nothing. And loves everybody. Right!

BKB

Thumper
03-02-2016, 12:03 PM
The God supposedly described in the Bible wouldn't allow shit like this to happen to kids. If he knows every fucking sparrow that falls then he sure as hell knows when this happens. And does nothing. And loves everybody. Right!

BKB

Thank you ... I wasn't going to say it ... but I'm SURE there's a verse somewhere that explains it and makes everything man's fault ... there always is. (You can always blame it on the Devil)

LJ3
03-02-2016, 01:30 PM
My opinion: The institutional neglect, concealment and promotion of these acts has nothing to do with any god.

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2016, 01:36 PM
These are men of God. There ain't no way His hands are clean in this deal.

If they were mullahs we'd be marching in the street.

BKB

DeputyDog
03-02-2016, 01:38 PM
I guess I'm confused as to why Catholics aren't livid over this.?. I would want heads to roll.. literally. I'm mad now - If I were Catholic - I would be apoplectic.

What makes you think we aren't? The system has totally changed since these events occurred. This stuff happened up to 40 years ago. The media doesn't make it clear that these cases didn't just happen. They do mention that most of the priests involved have died so that should be some indication but most people won't read past the headline.

The rate of current abuse complaints is at something like 0.01 percent as far as number of priests named in relation to the total number of priests in the US. This percentage is far lower than the national rate for everyone else including ministers and pastors from other denominations. They make it sound like every priest is doing this and has for ever.

DeputyDog
03-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Thank you ... I wasn't going to say it ... but I'm SURE there's a verse somewhere that explains it and makes everything man's fault ... there always is. (You can always blame it on the Devil)

If you believe in God then you surely must believe in the Devil as well. I heard it said once that the greatest thing the devil ever did was convince people he didn't exist.

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2016, 01:43 PM
DD, I thnk what's most disturbing to me is that the abuses of this level and scope are still being uncovered. The wound won't ever heal until there is full light and air applied to the issue. And as long as new indictments surface, it becomes obvious the church hasn't done all it could to be transparent about it. It looks like they're covering up instead.
That may he the furtherest thing from the truth but when new indictments come out it kind of hard to think of it another way.

BKb

DeputyDog
03-02-2016, 01:47 PM
These are men of God. There ain't no way His hands are clean in this deal.

If they were mullahs we'd be marching in the street.

BKB

The key word in that sentence is men. There is no perfect man or woman and anything that is ran by humans will have imperfections.

If you take an unbiased look at even the worst of men to hold the Papacy, including the Borgias and Medicis, and you will find that they may have been horrible human beings but they did not make any doctrinal changes to the church.

Thumper
03-02-2016, 02:01 PM
If you believe in God then you surely must believe in the Devil as well. I heard it said once that the greatest thing the devil ever did was convince people he didn't exist.

Why do I keep hearing Flip Wilson's voice in the background? ;)

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0SLifea3NHQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

quercus alba
03-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Most people don't understand the nature of God and how He interacts with the human race. He's not a big Santa figure sitting on a cloud dispensing judgement or favor on whom He will. We can't bind Him to qualities of human logic and reason because He's not human. As humans we have a difficulty accepting what we cannot see or touch or hear.

The providential nature of God is a whole different discussion. Been my experience that a person who is satisfied with the status quo is not going to change how they feel about religion regardless of the evidence or lack there of

Faith: the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2016, 02:14 PM
That kind of makes prayer an empty proposition.

And I'd argue, that the Bible is full of nothing BUT judgements either done by, or in the name of God. So don't blame me for the expectation among Christians that He has anything to do with day to day operarions. Its in the employee handbook.

BKB

Big Muddy
03-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Well, God worked a miracle, and saved this child:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJFE35Hyvw

Thumper
03-02-2016, 03:13 PM
And if the kid had been squashed by a truck, would that be because God didn't feel like performing miracles that day?

airbud7
03-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Well, God worked a miracle, and saved this child:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJFE35Hyvw

Is it the same God that allows another child to have his eyes eaten up by ants? or was that the devil?

Thumper
03-02-2016, 03:17 PM
People WANT to believe in something.

Faith: the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen

Since we're working with "F" words today ....

Fantasy: The faculty or activity of imagining things, especially things that are impossible or improbable; A fanciful mental image, typically one on which a person dwells at length or repeatedly and which reflects their conscious or unconscious wishes.

LJ3
03-02-2016, 04:09 PM
BBP makes a legit point that if this was done by Mullahs, the country would be in a fit of rage.

My concept of what "God" is has nothing to do with this sort of human behavior, though.

Captain
03-02-2016, 05:38 PM
BBP makes a legit point
LJ... Please do your best to reframe from ever making a statement like that again... ARE YOU NUTS! :D

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Len is a genuis,

BKb

Captain
03-02-2016, 06:38 PM
Len is a genuis, BKb

Nah.... He is like Thumper owned by cats. Nuf'said

BarryBobPosthole
03-02-2016, 07:19 PM
BBP makes a legit point that if this was done by Mullahs, the country would be in a fit of rage.

My concept of what "God" is has nothing to do with this sort of human behavior, though.

I'm starting to think he might be Dr. Manhattan.

BKB

LJ3
03-02-2016, 09:00 PM
I'll never tell. No selfies from me on the subject!