PDA

View Full Version : Sandy and the 'dillo.....

Big Muddy
03-08-2016, 01:30 AM
Wifey and I had a great time, catching channel cats, early yesterday morning at the lakehouse....got home, and went to check on things....I opened my office door, and OMG, it looked like a nuclear bomb had exploded in there....literally, everything in there was either ripped to shreds or turned over topsy-turvy.
Sandy has access to my office thru a pet door, and she was asleep next to the door, which was sort of odd because she usually meets us at the driveway....she appeared to be totally exhausted, but I just passed it off, as maybe she had been chasing squirrels in the yard, then possibly a mouse had gotten into the office, and that lit her up.

I started cleaning things up, and raking ripped paperwork from under my desk....my hand touched what I thought was a power cord, but it felt wet and lumpy....when I looked at my hand, it was covered in blood....WTF???....Sandy wasn't bleeding from any part of her body, so what the hell was bleeding under my desk???

I got a flashlight, and shined under the desk to find a huge day'um armadillo----very much still alive and grunting....his tail was the only exposed part that Sandy had been able to get to, and she had literally chewed the skin off his tail....that bloody tail was what I had grabbed, thinking it was a power cord.

I tugged on his tail, as hard as I could, but he was dug in between my desk and gun cabinet....finally, I just gave up and stuck my .22 rifle barrel nearly up his azz, and shot the bastage....evidently, he had come in thru Sandy's pet door, and she didn't take kindly to it, and tore up my office, trying to run him outta there.

Man, what a frigging mess!!!!!

Arty
03-08-2016, 07:44 AM
Imagine if you had a surveillance camera setup to go back and watch that I bet it would make Americas funniest videos!

BarryBobPosthole
03-08-2016, 09:09 AM
An Okie heart shot would have been more appropriate. Thanks for making me laugh to start the day though!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
03-08-2016, 09:23 AM
Man, a little more embellishment and that story would be suitable for the back page of an outdoor magazine...