PDA

View Full Version : A must listen.

Captain
03-08-2016, 09:05 AM
His song reminds me of a combo of so many you dufes... QA, Big Muddy, POSTHOLE, and Hideman for starters and some Big Sky and LJ thrown in there too. I think it was QA asking for a Catfish Bait recipes here awhile back. Well get your pen and paper ready it's in the middle of this song... http://youtu.be/nkESMI5axZA

HideHunter
03-12-2016, 06:20 PM
Don't know how I missed this Cap'n.. If I had one of them Ipod thingys it would be on there.;)

Big Skyz
03-13-2016, 11:14 PM
Like!

quercus alba
03-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Flatheads seldom touch stink bait as they prefer live bait.

Just saying ya know.

Thumper
03-14-2016, 08:45 AM
Flatheads seldom touch stink bait as they prefer live bait.

Just saying ya know.

Good point. I remember flathead fishing for the first time with an OLD guy I worked with. (I'd always fished for channel cats) I told him I had a killer bait recipe and he told me we were going after BIG flatheads! I asked what he meant persactly and he said the BIG ones prefer live bait. I'd thought ALL catfish were scavengers and he told me flatheads start out that way as juveniles, but when they get big, they become predators. He said he changed his bait depending on the time of year, sometimes minnows, sometimes shad, etc. (he'd use 3-4 different live baits depending on conditions) That was totally news to me at the time, but he sure caught some big'uns!

HideHunter
03-14-2016, 09:19 AM
Yep.. Flatties are mostly, "I'll kill my own.. thank you very much" ;) But they do regularly take fresh cut bait.

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2016, 09:40 AM
I've often wondered what it must be like to be a perch, with a hook stuck through your tail. dropped down in the pitch black water. Then you feel a whisker swish across your face, then....

Must be spooky!

BKb

DeputyDog
03-14-2016, 12:35 PM
I used to love ice fishing for crappies using live minnows. You could always tell when you were gonna get a bite because the bobber would start circling the hole pretty quick just before it went down.