PDA

View Full Version : Man, we have been, and are still getting pounded....

Big Muddy
03-10-2016, 11:28 AM
Third straight day of pounding rains, down here....this monster rain system has taken on a life of it's own....Lake Village and several other Ark. and LA cities are being evacuated....Shreveport has received nearly 15 inches, and forecast calls for more rain thru Monday....my neighbor at the lakehouse called early this morning, and said Lake Chicot has risen 3 feet in the past 24 hours....my crappie fishing just got fubared for quite a while.

On the radar, Bucky's farm looks to be in the center of this system, too, and has received about 10 inches....you Okie boys appear to be on the edge of the storm.

Grandpaw always joked about too much rain...."Don't worry, it's gonna "clear up"---water's gonna be "clear up" to your azzhole". ;)

Big Skyz
03-10-2016, 11:32 AM
I wish there was a way to send some of that this way. If we don't get some serious rain and/or snow we are going to be in really tough shape out here this summer. Isn't looking good right now.

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2016, 11:38 AM
According to my 35,000 gallon rain guage, we've gotten about an inch and a half out of this system here in NE Okieland. Looks like its been parked over you guys for a few days, Eddie. We had two or theee syaytems like that last spring.

This is the strangest winter in my memory. We have winds in March, but not 50 mph sustained winds like we've had off and on this month already. We have early springs but redbuds have been blooming here for a week. Typically thats reserved for April. The bradfords are already green, as are the oaks. i've had my house open all week.

I dunno. I'm not a scientist, but something is really fucked up.

BKB

Big Muddy
03-10-2016, 11:44 AM
This thing has been sitting here, and continuously building up from the gulf coast, for 3 days....our lakehouse is in the dead center of it, and there's no telling what I'll find, when I go over there, tomorrow....but, it's just a retreat for us....I really feel sorry for the folks who are permanent residents, and are being evacuated.

Thumper
03-10-2016, 12:18 PM
You can say that again! ;)

Chicken Dinner
03-10-2016, 12:36 PM
You can say that again! ;)

What he said...

Big Muddy
03-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Sorry for the double post...I deleted it....power is going on and off, and didn't realize the first post actually went thru....my apologies to the secret committee. ;)

Big Muddy
03-10-2016, 01:39 PM
Another round of torrential rain just passed over....it lasted about 20 minutes, and I actually watched it dump nearly another 3/4 inch in my rain gauge.

Back in July thru October, we were begging for just a shower to settle the dust.