PDA

View Full Version : Epic flooding down here.....

Big Muddy
03-13-2016, 12:49 PM
In case you haven't been watching the news, there is epic flooding, occurring down here....not really bad, YET, at our home in MS, but our lake house at Lake Village is in the dead center of it....15 inches of rain there has raised the level of Lake Chicot nearly 9 feet....the lake house itself is not in any eminent danger, as it sits high on the lake bank....however, every single boat house, pier, and dock on the lake has sustained damage and completely flooded....some are no longer even visible.

My neighbor called me late Thursday night to warn me to remove my small jonboat and fishing items from the blue boat shed....but, by the time I got there, early Friday morning, the water level had risen 4 feet, overnight, and this is what I found....my jonboat is somewhere inside the blue boat shed, prolly squished against the roof....and yes, the Yamaha motor was on it.

The rise has nearly stabilized, so we just need this water to leave outta here, so I and everyone else, can access the damage....my damage is absolutely nothing, compared to folks in the surrounding areas who have flooded homes.

I'd appreciate some good ole GH prayers for all those folks down here who have lost their homes, and all their belongings.

Chicken Dinner
03-13-2016, 01:07 PM
You've got it BM. I hate you're having this happen.

Big Muddy
03-13-2016, 01:11 PM
Thanks, CD.

Hey, Thump, is this one big enough for ya???

Captain
03-13-2016, 01:13 PM
Man that is awful Brother. If you need some help or backup let me know and I'll head that way.

Thumper
03-13-2016, 01:26 PM
Dang that sucks dude. Couldn't the neighbor have pulled the boat up on the shore and tied it off to a tree or something? Or is it chained up and padlocked? As for the gator, 12 feet and up is a BIG gator. I've tackled a few of them! That's a nice one. Hope all goes well with the rain. I've been talking to Sunny the past few days and she's been getting hammered also. The ground is saturated already and the next round of heavy rain will be accompanied by extremely heavy winds. NOT a good combination. Best of luck to bofa youse.

Big Muddy
03-13-2016, 02:49 PM
Yep, the boat house stays locked, and the neighbor had his stuff and his parent's stuff to worry about....sorta made my problem seem pretty small.

Thanks, Cap, everything I lose can be replaced....just need the water to recede, so I can make an assessment of the damage.

BarryBobPosthole
03-13-2016, 02:54 PM
You got it Eddie.

You're gonna needa lot of Sea Foam to get that YammerHammer going again!

BKB

Big Muddy
03-13-2016, 02:54 PM
Btw, any electricians on here who have had breaker boxes and outlets go under ....just wondering if anything electrical can be saved.

ALL power is shut off to my boat docks.

BarryBobPosthole
03-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Pull breakers and let them drain somewhere and pull the face plates off the receptacles and switches and let all that dry out good before you put any power back to it. You prolly won't have to replace the breakers but it might be a good idea if you don't know if they've dried out or not. They're not that expensive.
You likely have ground fault receptacles. If you do you might have to replace those.Not sure. they're easy to test but only when they have power.
BKB

Big Muddy
03-13-2016, 02:59 PM
Ha, Phole, that Yamaha has been under water before....and, that time it was running and hot, when it went under....hopefully, I can just dry it out, drain everything, and install some new plugs, this time.

BarryBobPosthole
03-13-2016, 03:04 PM
How many snakes do you think will be in your rafters?

BKB

Big Muddy
03-13-2016, 05:54 PM
How many snakes do you think will be in your rafters?

BKB

HA!!!!....screw the snakes, I'll be looking out for those day'um gators !!! ;)

Captain
03-13-2016, 06:07 PM
HA!!!!....screw the snakes, I'll be looking out for those day'um gators !!! ;)

I would too, I've had both and them gators are a LOT better eatin'. :D

BarryBobPosthole
03-13-2016, 06:13 PM
You Gentiles. I swear.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
03-13-2016, 06:15 PM
Man that is awful Brother. If you need some help or backup let me know and I'll head that way.

Same here. Just holla and we'll come runnin' like the Sacketts.

BKB

Big Muddy
03-13-2016, 06:32 PM
Thank, Postie.....you might need to keep an eye to the sky, tonite, yourownself....don't know how far west you are in Okieland, but here's what the weather whores are predicting for tonite.

We do NOT need any more of this stuff !!!!!

Big Muddy
03-13-2016, 07:45 PM
Another fat boy, supposely from Montrose, Ark.:

Chicken Dinner
03-13-2016, 08:00 PM
Looks like Bucky is getting nailed right now.