PDA

View Full Version : Can someone 'splain this sentence to me?

Thumper
03-14-2016, 08:26 AM
Ha! I received an eMail from a good friend of mine who is a big Trump supporter. It was one of those "If you care about your country, pass this on to everyone on your eMail list" type of deals. It was supposedly written by a school teacher explaining the massive amount of tax dollars being spent on illegal immigrants at his/her school. Here's one (of the many) statements that made me do a double-take. I remember breaking down sentence structure in English class when I was in school ... this one would have been fun! Just wondering ... do you REALLY think a TEACHER wrote this? ;)

The school also provides day care centers for the unwed teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13) so they can attend class without the inconvenience of having to arrange for babysitters or having family watch their kids.

Huh??? :confused:

quercus alba
03-14-2016, 08:29 AM
That's so simple I'll let captain explain it

LJ3
03-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Sadly, most high schools in my county have day care of some sort.

Thumper
03-14-2016, 10:37 AM
Day care for pregnant girls? ;)

Captain
03-14-2016, 11:11 AM
They don't need daycare until AFTER they have the crumb-cruncher.
Why they need it while pregnant?

johnboy
03-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Cause it ain't their first kid?

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2016, 11:29 AM
They don't need daycare until AFTER they have the crumb-cruncher.
Why they need it while pregnant?

Bingo!

And I guess teaching abstinence isn't working?

BKB

Captain
03-14-2016, 11:37 AM

That's some good noticin'.

Big Skyz
03-14-2016, 11:39 AM
Knit picking aside, our public schools are really burdened with far too many students of illegal immigrants. It is our tax dollars paying for it. I absolutely refuse to teach in Texas, Arizona, New Mexico or California. Not because I have a problem with Mexicans. I could care less what their heritage is, but what don't need is the added stress of dealing with students that can't speak English, don't have strong support from home, and are super transient. Hard to really have a positive affect on a student when you only have them in the classroom for a few months and then the parents cart them off to the next seasonal job.

Thumper
03-14-2016, 11:57 AM
Johnboy quote:

That's some good noticin'.

I'd sure HOPE it would be their first one! :hair

... teenage pregnant girls (some as young as 13)....