PDA

View Full Version : A very interesting night.....

Big Muddy
03-14-2016, 10:27 AM
Well, this crazy weather down here, just won't give up....the torrential rains just keep hitting the same places over and over....we are still at the lakehouse, and about 9:30 last night, all the tornado sirens started going off in Lake Village.

I looked at the radar, and sure enough, there were not one, but three severe storm cells headed straight in our direction....wifey started throwing sheet outta the closet, and jumped in there, pulling blankets and pillows over here head....weather doesn't usually bother me, but in an instant, there was a flash of lightening, and a horrendous clap of thunder that rocked the whole house.

My azz jumped in the closet, too, and we sat out, what was 30 minutes of torrential rain, wind, and golf ball-sized hail....we could actually feel the house pulsating, and our ears were popping from the low pressure in the air.

It coulda definitely been worse for us, as those same storm cells produced several tornadoes north of Greenville, MS....woke up this morning to beautiful blue skies.

Thank you, Lord, for sparing us !!!!!

Thumper
03-14-2016, 10:40 AM
You don't have the best track record with lakehouse weather.

Glad you dodged this bullet. Have you ever considered a place in the mountains? ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Wow, That's too up close and personal! And its way too early for that kind of stuff! Those are reserved for late April.

Sure glad that you guys are safe and sound!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
03-14-2016, 12:46 PM
Man, glad you're okay. From what Bucky wS telling me, it was all around him last night, too. Must be the global warming that doesn't exist.

Big Muddy
03-14-2016, 12:46 PM
You don't have the best track record with lakehouse weather.

Glad you dodged this bullet. Have you ever considered a place in the mountains? ;)

Thump, with our luck, we'd buy a place on top of a day'um volcano or earthquake fault line. ;)

Bwana
03-15-2016, 09:53 AM
Glad you survived it BM and hope the weather pattern is broken soon.