PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Oldie....

Captain
03-14-2016, 05:40 PM
I have never had back pain other than occasional soreness from over working. But for the past 9 days I've had a "sharp knife"pain in my lower back right side.
Got to the farm this morning and started spraying fencelines and was hurting so bad I decided to park it and started mowing with the zero turn mower. About an hour of that and I was hurting so bad I called my doctor on his cell and he sent me over to the hospital for a CT scan.
Long story short I've passed a few kidney stones in the past week and have 6 more lined up moving to get out.
I came back to the farm and sprayed another tank and that's all I got in me for today.
It's Alieve and brown likker time.
Wonder what brown likker and cranberry juice mixed together is like?
This getting old ain't for shit.

Chicken Dinner
03-14-2016, 06:15 PM
Kidney us the first thing I thought of as my wife has a chronic issue. Don't know about brown liquor, but vodka goes pretty good with cranberry juice.

Thumper
03-14-2016, 06:34 PM
Vodka and cranberry (seabreeze?) is Lynn's go-to drink.

I've heard all the nightmares of kidney stones, but never had the pleasure personally. 'Course, most o'youse dufes are older'n me anydamnway. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2016, 07:52 PM
I aure as hell wish I had a rememdy but I don't think there is one. My doc gave me Flomax, which is a swollen prostate treatment but it helps make the pipes pass 'em a bit better, but not much.
Best thing to do is find out what is causing them and like Archie Campbell sez, don't do it then! Mine were caused by uric acid so was easily treatable fo prevent more. Hope yours is the same.

BKb

quercus alba
03-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Some folks have kidney stones some have gout. If it's uric acid buildup go easy on dried beans, organ meat and fish. And as hard as it is for you cap'n lay off the tofu. And bean sprouts.

BarryBobPosthole
03-14-2016, 09:19 PM
Yep, I take an allopurinol everyday and haven't had a gout or kidney stone attack in a good while. Years I think.

Its one I make sure to take. Cause both of those hurt like hell.

BKB

Fido
03-15-2016, 06:40 AM
I've taken allopurinol for quite sometime now, it works for me!!!