PDA

View Full Version : Turkeys beware !!!!!.....

Big Muddy
03-15-2016, 07:56 PM
Everything is badly flooded in my area, and there's absolutely nothing I can do until the flood waters recede....so, I'm headed out to Carlowville, Bama at 5 in the morning to turkey hunt for 5 days....didn't get to make the trip there last year because the place was flooded.

The landowners(in-laws) don't turkey hunt, and said they want the day'um turkeys killed because they're eating up all their deer corn....told them that I, my son and grandson will be glad to assist. ;)

I'll try to check in, IF I can get a signal down there in the boondocks.

Ya'll be good, and gobble-gobble !!!!! ;)

LJ3
03-15-2016, 07:59 PM
GIT r done Eddie!!

HideHunter
03-15-2016, 11:13 PM
chute em in da face..

Captain
03-16-2016, 05:29 AM
Man that's cool Eddie. That sounds like a party trip too!
Good luck and take plenty of pictures.

BarryBobPosthole
03-16-2016, 08:29 AM
Kill a biggin' biggun!

BKB

Thumper
03-16-2016, 08:41 AM
A turkey hunting turkeys! ;)

Bwana
03-16-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm jealous as our season doesn't open until April 9th but then those feathered critters had better watch out.

Looking forward to the trip report 'muddy.

airbud7
03-16-2016, 06:54 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bk_QULeIQAAAcHC.jpg

Big Muddy
03-21-2016, 09:21 AM
Well, it was a long drive to Bama, and the weather was "suppose" to be rather nice....got there a day early to scout for my son and grandson....as it turned out, that was the only day that the weather cooperated.

At my first stop in the woods that morning, I gave some nice calls, and the woods exploded with gobbling....I counted 6 different gobblers to choose from....so, I picked out the nearest one, and hauled azz to within about 300 yds., and started coaxing him in.

He flew down, and headed my way on a string....then, a day'um hen flew down right between us, and she must have been one of his harem whores because he followed her off into the opposite direction....so, I just left him alone.

I didn't want to disturb the area too much, since my boys would be there the next day, so I left and drove to another area....same thing, gobblers located there, too....I even gave Cap a phone call to get his take on calling that area, with so many gobblers around.

That night, the weather whore's 10% chance of a shower turned into a howling wind and beating rain....we all hunted the next 3 days but couldn't get a gobble, anywhere....same thing every day'um day, windy and more rains---screwed again.

Long story short, I should have just gone ahead, and killed my day'um turkey on my scouting day before the boys got there....had I known the weather was gonna go down the sheeiter, I dang sure would have.

My son, grandson and myself ate some great gourmet camp food, had some great conversations with our host in-laws, and walked many miles together, during our stay in the Bama woods....so, in my mind, it was a really successful trip!!!

Also, my trip route took me within 5 miles of my old MS State college room-mate, who I haven't seen in 45 years....I gave him a call, and stopped by for a visit....his sister is now a very successful caterer, and she brought over one of the most fantastic meals for us to enjoy....his entire family came over, and we had a blast....they always treated me like family, when I'd go home with him on the weekends from college.

Yep, I'd say this was a dang good hunting trip !!!!!

BarryBobPosthole
03-21-2016, 09:56 AM
Too bad the weather wouldn't cooperate for ya. That would have just the icng on the cake though. From the sounds of it y'all had a great tme!

BKB

Thumper
03-21-2016, 10:27 AM
Sounds like a great weekend in spite of the bad weather and lack of dead birds!

Captain
03-22-2016, 02:29 PM
That's a great trip report Muddy! I'm having the same luck with the weather here. It has turned Winter again!
Hope you get back after them soon. It's addictive