PDA

View Full Version : Heads up re Win 10

johnboy
03-21-2016, 02:51 PM
Not to get into a Mac is better discussion cause I might agree with that right now but if you are considering updating (I can hardly call it an upgrade) to Win 10 from whatever Microsoft piece of crap s/w you are currently running, DO NOT DO IT! :angryfire

Did the deed on the wifes laptop (running Win 7 just fine) and have had multiple problems. Also bought a new desktop a little while ago and did the upgrade from 8.1 to 10 right out of the box and am having multiple stupid problems. This software is a piece of you know what.

Will be taking both machines in to have 10 removed and replaced with something that mostly works.

At this point, If I could afford a Mac, I would probably buy one or two.

Thumper
03-21-2016, 03:22 PM
Well crap! That's NOT the news I was hoping for. I bought a new desktop about 6 months ago and they were going to do an upgrade to Win 10 from Win 8.1, but I told them to hold off until they got the bugs worked out on 10. My laptop (Win 7) is on it's last legs and needs to be wiped clean, then I was going to have Win 10 installed on it also. What sucks is, I've already paid Best Buy for a 1 yr. warranty on my desk top and that includes anything I need done to it and/or the laptop. I was just thinking this morning that it's about time to have the upgrades done. (since I've paid them already, I'd rather have them do it instead of doing it myself) I figured that would give me another 6 months or so to check it out before my agreement expires.

Your post is the LAST thing I wanted to see today. :(

BarryBobPosthole
03-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Mac is better.

BKB

johnboy
03-21-2016, 03:45 PM
I've running Windows since 3.1 with pretty much no problems but this new version is just weird. Hate it, hate it, hate it!

If you have Best Buy do it, make sure they will do the reverse as well. Good luck.

So there are never any problems or issues with Mac? Seriously?

LJ3
03-21-2016, 04:25 PM
I put 10 on my work computer and removed it 3 days later. I spent WAAAAYYYYY too long trying to get things to work as they did before. It ain't ready for prime time yet.

it runs fine on new machines with it installed, upgrades notsomuch.

BarryBobPosthole
03-21-2016, 04:49 PM
I think 10 was Hombre's last project at Microsoft..

BKB

jb
03-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Mine is Windows 7, my work computer is still XT (cause my CAD program is so old it won't work on anything newer) My work computer is stand a lone and not even hooked up to the net.
I keep getting these pop up's about upgrading to 10 for free, but so far 7 does way more than I even need.
So no thank you !!!

quercus alba
03-21-2016, 05:19 PM
I thought XP was the best thing since sliced bread but I guess it worked too well so they killed it. I run vista which is ok, don't want seven or ten any where around my computer.

Hombre
03-21-2016, 06:57 PM
I think 10 was Hombre's last project at Microsoft..

BKB

LOL - Nothing to do with it but I do like windows 10. I also like apple laptop's just not their phones. Just my opinion but Microsoft is like the Apple of the 90's and Apple is like the Microsoft of late 90s now. Look at Microsoft under Satya they are essentially opening everything up. They have opened up O365 products to be autonomous of OS or Device. They are opening up Xbox to cross platform playing. They are working with the industry across hardware open sourcing. An apple phone on the other hand is a closed down IOS and Apple hasn't really done anything innovative since the IPAD, that was 2010. Their competition (Google / MSFT) are heavily engaged in the cloud computing space, collaboration documents, and Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR), Apple is absent. They do have one thing going and thats about $200B in the bank, but what does that say.....they can't find anything to do wit hit?