PDA

View Full Version : A Great Day

BarryBobPosthole
03-29-2016, 06:18 PM
My son, Dan came up from Okie City this morning and is staying a couple days. This morning we loaded the jon boat and went to Chelsea Lake, a little city lake that Keith and I fish, and spent the day just me and him. Pretty day, a little windy, fishng was slow and conversations were the kind I think every dad needs when its been a while since he's seen one of his kids. Of course, they ain't kids any more are they?

And my Mom turned 79 today.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
03-29-2016, 06:46 PM
That's the good stuff.

DeputyDog
03-29-2016, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a good time. Pass on a happy birthday to Momma Posthole too!

LJ3
03-30-2016, 12:49 AM
Good deal right there!

Big Skyz
03-30-2016, 07:36 AM
That does sound like a great day.

Thumper
03-30-2016, 08:29 AM
One can learn an awful lot about their kids on days like that. One of the best interactions I ever had with my boy was the year I took him to Thailand with me (his first ever trip outside the US). I remember one afternoon we sat out on the hotel balcony sharing a couple of beers together and just ... talking about "life" ... as we watched the world go by. Just the two of us. There were no distractions, no family, no cell phones, no work or financial issues ... we'd left that all behind when we flew out of the Atlanta Airport. That day will be forever implanted in my mind and was the first time I REALLY noticed what a cool dude he is and what a great head he has on his shoulders. Don't get me wrong, I'd always "known" it ... but that day, something "clicked" and I just noticed I have a smile on my face as I write this. Days like you had are many times more important than some of us realize. Congrats.

BarryBobPosthole
03-30-2016, 08:38 AM
Those days are rare.

But I guess I was just counting my blessings out loud, and there are many. Nice weather, pretty water, and a day with one of my kids one on one are among them.

BKB