PDA

View Full Version : Lord Help Me and Pass The Mashed Potatoes!

LJ3
04-04-2016, 02:41 PM
I've had the itch to get back in some semblance of shape... Turns out my old 30+ Mens soccer team from about 12 years ago is reassembling for an outdoor season starting next Monday. For some fucked up reason I said yes, I'll play!

So I'll either get back in better shape or die. I'm hoping for the former.

Guess I'll have to pass on the mashed-a-taters now.

Chicken Dinner
04-04-2016, 03:21 PM
Just remember it's all relative as they're all 50+ now as well...

Big Skyz
04-04-2016, 03:31 PM
You are nutz. Just in case pencil me in your will for your camera equipment. ;) You know, so Thumper doesn't find a way to get it and hawk it on ebay.

Big Muddy
04-04-2016, 03:56 PM
Take out lots more insurance....life, health, accident, dental, vision, and liability(you might fall on somebody). ;)

And, remember to take 2 Aleve before and after each practice and match....otherwise, you won't even be able to lift a fork to feed yourself. ;)

LJ3
04-04-2016, 04:00 PM
I already texted Arty to get recommendations for the best danskin option for cooler soccer evenings. I hope he replies soon!

quercus alba
04-04-2016, 04:54 PM
Prolly too busy getting Nandy to make him a purse, er European shoulder bag

Arty
04-04-2016, 04:58 PM
I already texted Arty to get recommendations for the best danskin option for cooler soccer evenings. I hope he replies soon!
For you... Only pink will do. Thump prolly has some at a good price, but he'll fuck you on the shipping.

Arty
04-04-2016, 04:59 PM
It's called a SATCHEL... A SATCHEL!!!

Big Muddy
04-04-2016, 05:17 PM
It's called a SATCHEL... A SATCHEL!!!

So, is a "satchel" just as effective as a "purse", when hitting other women over the head, when they break in line at the dress shop??? ;)

LJ3
04-04-2016, 05:24 PM

I enjoyed that post, very much :)

Captain
04-06-2016, 06:54 AM
I've had the itch to get back in some semblance of shape....

Round is a shape!

Thumper
04-06-2016, 09:06 AM
I've been kinda into that pear shape lately. :(

BarryBobPosthole
04-06-2016, 09:29 AM
I guess the only question I have is: why?

BKB

Big Muddy
04-06-2016, 09:36 AM
"""""I guess the only question I have is: why?""""

BKB

Thumper
04-06-2016, 10:01 AM
I don't shave my chest (and I don't have "puffies")! ;)

Big Muddy
04-06-2016, 10:07 AM
HA!!!....hey, I didn't mention any names....I only posted a pic of a fat guy eating KFC. ;););)

Thumper
04-06-2016, 10:29 AM
I think it was that "pear shape" that gave it away. ;)

LJ3
04-06-2016, 10:46 AM
I guess the only question I have is: why?

BKB

I miss playing... a lot. I like to be competitive. I used to be pretty good. I could use more exercise. I'm at a point in life that what doesn't get used starts to atrophy. And back when I got really sick I lost quite a bit of muscle mass that was inconveniently replaced with chubbiness.

So this addresses all those thing! :)

LJ3
04-12-2016, 06:59 AM
So my first time out went pretty well. I was happy to see enough graybeards to feel like I wasn't too far out of the demographic :) played without embarrassing myself. Moved the ball pretty well, had to assists and one good shot on goal. Skinned the ever loving fuck out of my knee though. That turf will tear your ass up like sandpaper.

Glad I did it and will stick with it as long as my body will let me!

BarryBobPosthole
04-12-2016, 09:06 AM
Let us know when you start rehab on your new ACL.

And good luck! I'm trying to lose the ten pounds of winter fat by working it off but all I'm doing is making myself hungrier!

Its tough for us old silverbacks to get rid of it every year like we used to.

BKb

LJ3
04-13-2016, 10:28 AM
One of the side bennies of starting soccer again is that I know I have to work on my conditioning, even if I do it at a pace that suits me now. I know I have to drop some weight and I know I have to put a much better shine on my ball handling skills.

I guess I'm the kind of person that needs a reason to do something to better my health. Makes it easier for me.

Thumper
04-13-2016, 10:39 AM
I guess I'm the kind of person that needs a reason to do something to better my health. Makes it easier for me.

Ha! I hear ya' Ticboy and I have the same problem. Right now I have "no" incentive because I can't do much that's very physical at all anymore. Isn't it odd that LIVING LONGER isn't an incentive, but something like playing soccer IS? We have weird priorities when you really think about it.

quercus alba
04-13-2016, 12:08 PM
Time spent trotting/bent over on a field of old fat guys is time not spent fishing

BarryBobPosthole
04-13-2016, 02:39 PM
One of the side bennies of starting soccer again is that I know I have to work on my conditioning, even if I do it at a pace that suits me now. I know I have to drop some weight and I know I have to put a much better shine on my ball handling skills.

And SOME folks just do it so they can wear yoga pants.

Not mentioning any names. They know who they are.

BKb