PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeve #3687

quercus alba
04-14-2016, 08:31 AM
I go in the store the other day a little before noon to grab a bite to eat and I see all these young women slouching around in pajamas and house shoes with no makeup on looking like death warmed over. I'm thinking " it's noon! Put on some freaking clothes and try to look half way presentable before you get out of the house."

Society is teaching people that half assed is good enough. My grandma is turning over in her grave.

Good thing I didn't have my fully automatic taser

Chicken Dinner
04-14-2016, 08:35 AM
Don't get me started on what folks show up to church wearing...

Thumper
04-14-2016, 10:32 AM
Nothing like Googling a few examples of Walmartians if you ever want a reminder. But, I'm totally with you on wondering where people's heads are these days. Now I'll admit, after wearing a suit and tie to work for 20+ years including 4 years of wearing a military uniform, I was glad to be able to "dress down" once I started my own business. Now I have to admit, these days, my wardrobe consists of nothing but Levis or Wranglers with a (usually collared) t-shirt or button down shirt depending on my mood. I very, very seldom saw my grandfather in anything but a suit ... casual to him was taking off his jacket (but he ALWAYS had a tie). My dad wasn't much different ... I've seen him build race engines wearing a suit and tie. He'd take his jacket off and tuck the end of his tie into his (usually white) dress shirt. He never owned a pair of "jeans" that I'm aware of. I guess I'm the slob in the chain ... but at least there are no rips, tears, holes or stains in my jeans!

Hombre
04-14-2016, 11:42 AM
This one actually doesn't bother me. Whatever people want to come out in is fine with me, and quite frankly I look at it as none of my business. My big one is elevators. I can't stand when people getting on don't give the 3 seconds it takes for people to get off.

LJ3
04-14-2016, 11:46 AM
It doesn't bother me too much but I DO think how you choose to represent yourself reflects on only you. Some people don't give a rats ass about how they present themselves and that is usually noticeable in other parts of their lives too.

LJ3
04-14-2016, 11:47 AM
Nothing like Googling a few examples of Walmartians if you ever want a reminder. But, I'm totally with you on wondering where people's heads are these days. Now I'll admit, after wearing a suit and tie to work for 20+ years including 4 years of wearing a military uniform, I was glad to be able to "dress down" once I started my own business. Now I have to admit, these days, my wardrobe consists of nothing but Levis or Wranglers with a (usually collared) t-shirt or button down shirt depending on my mood. I very, very seldom saw my grandfather in anything but a suit ... casual to him was taking off his jacket (but he ALWAYS had a tie). My dad wasn't much different ... I've seen him build race engines wearing a suit and tie. He'd take his jacket off and tuck the end of his tie into his (usually white) dress shirt. He never owned a pair of "jeans" that I'm aware of. I guess I'm the slob in the chain ... but at least there are no rips, tears, holes or stains in my jeans!

I STILL check my "gig line" every damn morning before I leave for work. I taught that to my son and he acted as if I'd given him a huge secret to success :)

quercus alba
04-14-2016, 11:50 AM
I get up at 5:30 every morning, wash my face, comb my hair and beard, and get dressed. If I'm staying home it will be shorts and a tee shirt. If it's work then jeans and a button down shirt. I never get out in public looking like I'm coming off a three day drunk. I don't care if it's shorts tee shirt and flip flops (which will never be seen on my feet) but at least change out of your bed clothes

Big Skyz
04-14-2016, 12:04 PM
I'm with ya QA. I'm not a fan of the public pajama crew. Half the time those jammies and whatever they are wearing for a shirt has nasty stains on it as well. The hair is usually a mess and some of them, if you aren't ready for it, are down right scary looking. I have students (all girls no boys) that show up for school looking like they just rolled out of bed and into the classroom. Judging by the smell personal hygiene is a foreign term as well. For a lack of a better term their appearance and smell is just plain old gross. Looks like a democratic convention.

Thumper
04-14-2016, 12:05 PM
My everyday wear around the house is shorts, t-shirt and flip flops (at least they're Reebok flip flops). :)

That's the official Florida uniform.

Big Muddy
04-14-2016, 12:43 PM
I'd wear shorts and a t-shirt year around, if my nuts and nipples could tolerate the cold. ;)

quercus alba
04-14-2016, 01:11 PM
Note to self, avoid Eddie in warm weather

And cold weather too

Big Muddy
04-14-2016, 01:59 PM
Note to self, avoid Eddie in warm weather

And cold weather too

What???....they don't sag, they just get cold. ;)

However, this guy seems real comfortable. ;)

Arty
04-15-2016, 06:37 AM
I STILL check my "gig line" every damn morning before I leave for work. I taught that to my son and he acted as if I'd given him a huge secret to success :)

You very well may have! I interview a ton of new college grads and it never ceases to amaze me how some of these kids come in looking like a gorilla attacked them in the parking lot.

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2016, 08:02 AM
I'm prolly closer to Len and Thumper that anybody else. (I still check my gig line EVERY time I wear a belt or tuck a shirt in)

Clean and serviceable is the key. It don't matter if its shorts and flip flops and a tee shirt (commando like Mudward) or if its jeans and cowboy boots and a dress shirt.

BTW, Since retirement you won't find me in a monkey suit ever again. Nor a barber shop.

BKB