PDA

View Full Version : What's up with all these day'um skunks,???....

Big Muddy
04-14-2016, 09:14 AM
I've never seen or heard about soooo many day'um skunks, this year....walked out in the yard to take my nightly "leak" before bedtime, and there's one eating Sandy's dog food outta her bowl....I nailed him with the .22, but not before Sandy jumped him, and got sprayed really bad....then, she ran back into my office thru her dog door, and the aroma filled the house....we couldn't even sleep that night.

And, they REALLY like the crawl space under our lakehouse....two weeks ago, I wounded one in the back yard, with my pellet gun, and the little f'er died under the house....that was double-aroma!!!

Also, last week, a family of them invaded the basement of the courthouse, and the judge cancelled court for a couple of days.

DeputyDog
04-14-2016, 09:37 AM
There is nothing worse than a skunked dog running through the house. Had that with one of my labs a few years ago.

Thumper
04-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Another good reason to have a cat ... they're smart enough not to mess with a skunk. Just sayin'. :D

Big Muddy
04-14-2016, 09:49 AM
Another good reason to have a cat ... they're smart enough not to mess with a skunk. Just sayin'. :D

I'd rather smell the skunk piss !!! ;)

Big Skyz
04-14-2016, 10:19 AM
Before I opened this I thought you were going to comment on the political seen here in the US this year.

Big Muddy
04-14-2016, 12:37 PM
You got that right, Sky....both situations stink !!! ;)

Chicken Dinner
04-14-2016, 12:46 PM
You know, I don't think I've ever seen a live skunk other than a zoo or something. Plenty of dead ones.

Big Muddy
04-14-2016, 01:07 PM
Me either, Chick, at least not until about 30 years ago....they were numerous in the hills, but never saw them here in the delta....now, the day'um things are everywhere, down here....they don't have many natural enemies....buzzards will barely mess with their carcasses. ;)

I think I mentioned it here, previously, but I ran over one at MS State back in the '60's, in my '64 Galaxie....every time it rained, thereafter, that skunk smell returned to the interior of my car....ha, I had to time my dates with the girls, according to the weather. ;)

Thumper
04-14-2016, 03:18 PM
You were lucky you didn't live in Seattle! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-14-2016, 03:32 PM
Who here remembers the famous Goodhunting Uncle Frank story about the skunk under his house?

BKB