PDA

View Full Version : The 121212 concert fundraiser

LW
12-12-2012, 11:56 PM
There sure have been some good performances on this thing. Roger Daltrey and Pete Townsend are kickin some serious musical ass right now.

LW
12-13-2012, 12:14 AM
Wow. Pete Townsend drops the F bomb on stage at the end of their performance. The douchebag news anchor that is co-hosting the show said it was Keith Moon. Didn't he OD 30 some odd years ago?

Captain
12-13-2012, 07:12 AM
My buddy Greg Smith played the bass for Billy Joel in that concert last night.
Yea the announcer is a bit outdated on his Rock history!
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

LJ3
12-13-2012, 07:59 AM
Bon Jovi kicked all their asses, including the Stones... who, in my opinion, should know when to say when. And when was about 15 years ago :) It was hard for me to watch Clapton, too. He's definitely lost a few steps in the last years. Hard to see one of my "guys" like that. Not sure how they're all aging and I'm still my same goodlookingself!

I guess each of them could look out at the audience and say "who are these geezers following me??" What goes around comes around!

Despite my critical review, it was a great show all around!

BarryBobPosthole
12-13-2012, 08:08 AM
I kind of wish I'd watched it now. I've been watching all of the old SNL episodes starting with the very first ones, on Netflix. Its kind of addicting. Man, that show really sucked when it first started. I'd forgotten how bad it was until they hit their stride.
BKB

Captain
12-13-2012, 08:28 AM
I was watching it and Greg was texting me pictures from back stage...
It was a pretty cool concert...
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Chicken Dinner
12-13-2012, 09:22 AM
I really enjoyed the Eddie Vetter/John Waters combo. They did a great job on the old Pink Floyd standards.

hotshot
12-13-2012, 10:54 AM
I can't beleive some of those guys are still alive. Maybe they are just preserved?????