View Full Version : Shine up the chrome horn

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2016, 12:35 PM
Its Bristol!

June Bug is gonna win it.

BKB

Thumper
04-17-2016, 12:45 PM
Dang! We're checkin' out'ta here in about 30 mins. to point the ol' 'Yota toward home. With a late lunch stop on the way, I'd say there's no doubt I'll miss the whole thing. I'm with you, this very well may be Jr's race. At least I hope so.

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2016, 12:54 PM
The Doobie Brothers were warming up the crowd just now.

I was afraid one of them would fall and break a hip.

I liked them back in the day. Like 99% of the still active performers of that era (like Rush and Styx) they need to be happy in retirement.

BKB

and on edit, Jeffie is doing a good job in the booth. we don't OD on DW so much with him there.

Thumper
04-17-2016, 04:43 PM
Got home just in time to catch the last 30 laps. Well, at least Jr. took second. Maybe he should switch to Toyota to win one. :D

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2016, 05:07 PM
If you'd seen how he started, you would never expect him to show up in second.

BKb

Thumper
04-17-2016, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I heard the story and it sounds like quite the comeback! I really do like Jr. and would love to see him start getting more wins. I am glad Carl got the win, it sounds like he deserved it. There's nothing like dominating all day, just to lose it right at the end due to a caution and a bad start or whatever.

Oh, and I agree with you on Jeff and his announcing. He slipped right in there and it seemed there was really no learning curve. I think he's doing an excellent job and is a good representative of the sport.

LJ3
04-18-2016, 09:42 AM
The Doobie Brothers were warming up the crowd just now. I was afraid one of them would fall and break a hip. I liked them back in the day. Like 99% of the still active performers of that era (like Rush and Styx) they need to be happy in retirement.

Suck it, stool boy. The Doobie brothers lineup is less than 50%. Rush still has the same lineup of some of the most talented musicians in the industry after 42 years.