PDA

View Full Version : The Revenant

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2016, 02:10 PM
Watched it at home last night. Two thumbs up!

DiCaprio is amazing in it.

There's some poorly done fake shit. but then there's that damn bear. Amazing actor in his own right. He should have won an Oscar too.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
04-17-2016, 04:30 PM
Been wanting to see it for a while.

Bwana
04-18-2016, 08:54 AM
DiCaprio did do a pretty decent job but I still have to laugh about their choice of filming location, the wilds of BC or some such place. I heard them explain the location was chosen to make the movie more authentic. Trouble is the forests of wherever-in-Canada look nothing like the area in north-central South Dakota where the event took place.

Oh well, still a pretty decent movie if you don't let the facts get in the way.

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2016, 09:05 AM
I think where he was attacked by the bear was NW Sodak wasn't it Bwana? I've been all around the Black Hills but haven't seen the NW part of the state. What's the country like there?
I remember reading another account of Hugh Glass and in it he used a feature that stuck up out of the plains, a mesa I believe, as his navigation point on his trek back to the Fort. So I always figured it was flat there instead of mountainous like the movie.

BKB

Bwana
04-18-2016, 09:46 AM
Posthole, the attack took place near the present day town of Lemmon, SD which if you Google looks to be more of a rolling prairie country than a mountainous forest.

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2016, 10:15 AM
That's kind of what I'd figured. Just west of there, there's mountains I suppose.

Mountains or no, they were some tough old birds!

BKb

Bwana
04-19-2016, 09:54 AM
Agreed

Hombre
04-19-2016, 10:03 AM
It may have been because I watched it on the plane but I was not impressed with the movie. It really didn't tell much of a story there was no setup just boom action and never stopped. Again I'm sure a 4" screen was not the best medium for the movie

Chicken Dinner
05-06-2016, 11:00 PM
I had the house to myself tonight and just watched this movie. Man, if only half of it is true that was one tough SOB.

Captain
05-07-2016, 07:59 AM
I had the house to myself tonight and just watched this movie. Man, if only half of it is true that was one tough SOB. Sorta reminds you of me, don't it... :D

Hombre
05-07-2016, 11:20 AM
I've seen the movie and don't remember the part where he was sidelined by some little stones

Captain
05-07-2016, 11:34 AM
I've seen the movie and don't remember the part where he was sidelined by some little stones
He didn't slow down just like me. I've done more work and killed more turkeys with kidney stones by accident than most folks do without.

Hombre
05-07-2016, 12:18 PM
It's hard to argue that you've put down a thunder chicken or two