PDA

View Full Version : Just Practicing for 12/21/12 (pic)

Big Skyz
12-13-2012, 10:44 AM
I said that right after work on 12/21/12 I'm planning on trying to end the world for a local coyote or two. So I thought it appropriate to practice up yesterday after work on 12/12/12. ;)

Pretty decent size coyote btw.
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh113/Huntzz/TroyCoyote12-12-12.jpg

jb
12-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Lot bigger than the one I missed.
Will try again tomorrow during opening day of ML

Fido
12-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Sure is a big critter there Troy! Your shootin iron looks just like my Ruger 77 in 22 Win mag. Laminate stock with a brush stainless finish. Put an aftermarket trigger on mine, breaks at 1lb. 14ozs. it's a real tack driver with Winchester Supreme's 34 Gr. hollow points.Do you have someone that takes the hides?

Big Skyz
12-13-2012, 08:43 PM
Fido, the biggest difference between this rifle and yours are one it has a medium weight bull barrel and a competition two-stage trigger. I really love the trigger on this thing and wish they would offer it as an option on all Rugers. If they did I'd own a lot more of them. I'd really like to get a Ruger like yours in a 17 Hornet.

I'm trying to get the hide selling sorted out. The local fur buyer kicked the bucket this spring and has all of us local fur collector's scrambling a little trying to find a good new buyer that we can trust. In the mean time my freezer is getting full!

HideHunter
12-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Nice job Sky.. You guys have some pretty ones. Had one cross the road in front of me today. Bad mange. The three I have killed this year have all been clean. This one wasn't as bad as the "Chupacabra" I called in last year - but it was bad.

Big Skyz
12-13-2012, 11:34 PM
HH, I've been pretty lucky and have not run across any mange out here in 5 years. Sure did see some nasty mange on the East side of the state a few years though.