PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the BPS buying Cabelas thing might be back on...

Chicken Dinner
04-22-2016, 10:52 AM
Not sure I'm a fan as Cableas is supposed to be building a store just west of me. (And, on the way to most of my hunting grounds.) When this first came up, they had put that store on hold. I'd just heard a few weeks ago it was back on.

http://sportingclassicsdaily.com/bass-pro-purchase/

Captain
04-22-2016, 12:26 PM
The issue has always been how to break off Cabelas credit card from the rest of the company. Bass Pro has its own credit card, however Cabelas cc is a giant conspired to BPS cc. Then you deal with the "points" people have acquired under one company switching to another. Bass Pro does not want the credit card part of Cabelas and separating the two is the problem. Or at least that's the talk around work.
I'm at SC and limited service so I didn't follow the link perhaps it explained that issue better there.

Chicken Dinner
04-22-2016, 12:35 PM
It basically says that BPS is working to put together an offer. Interestingly and to your point, it also mentions that Cabelas is actively working to find private equity buyers for its stores and, separately, it's credit card business. It doesn't seem to me that it would be that hard to quantify the existing liability in the outstAnding points and adjust the purchase price accordingly.

I did find a press release from this past January saying they were going to break ground on the store near me that month. So, I would imagine that moves forward either way. I'd be happy with either a Cabelas or a Bass Pro.