PDA

View Full Version : And the decline continues....

BarryBobPosthole
04-23-2016, 09:20 AM
NASCAR continues its 'corporate' bullshit policies and is more worried about its image than it is its drivers and crews. I applaud the safety things NASCAR has done but when they fine a driver for speaking their opinion, then to me that says all they want is a bunch of fucking drones circling the track in lookalike cars, keeping their mouths shut, and chugging sponsor sports drinks before they answer every question on TV. Stepford drivers is what they want.

I'm about this close to saying goodbye to the fuckers.

A guy as senior as Smoke needs to be listened to, not fucking fined.

BkB

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/04/22/driver-council-agrees-to-pay-tony-stewart-35000-fine/?intcmp=hpff

DeputyDog
04-23-2016, 10:44 AM
I agree but every major sports league has some sort of penalty for speaking out against it. Look at the fine they hand out in the NFL or NBA when a coach or player calls out the refs.

I know that is a bit different when it's in racing and the question is about safety though.

Thumper
04-23-2016, 12:31 PM
I have to agree .. it seems counter-productive to me. I don't really understand the ruling.

Dang, Deppity's getting soft! I figured he'd find an angle to slam NASCAR and the Indy Car turned NASCAR driver somehow. I guess safety is a common concern no matter which side of the fence you're on.

That said, heck, what's wrong with 4 lugs/wheel? Indy only uses ONE! 'Course, an Indy Car impact wrench (with socket) only costs $6000 and the "lug" nuts are $400 each! :hair

DeputyDog
04-23-2016, 12:41 PM
Thump, drive your vehicle with fewer lug nuts than the wheel is designed for and see what happens.

I don't see why they don't go to a single nut like just about every other racing series in the world.

Thumper
04-23-2016, 01:18 PM
Then they wouldn't be "stock" cars! ;)

Just pickin' Depitty. I'm fully aware of the mechanics involved. :D

I am having a hard time disagreeing with Tony's stance. I really don't understand where NASCAR is coming from with this one. It seems like a case of two steps forward and one step back IMHO.

DeputyDog
04-23-2016, 01:23 PM
Exactly.