PDA

View Full Version : Real Downer

Big Skyz
04-25-2016, 11:17 AM
With high anticipation I blew out of here after work like a bullet. I was headed to Canyon Ferry lake 2.5 hours away because I'd heard the bite was on. When I got there I sensed there was something really wrong. I ran into a work associate and he told me that shortly before I arrived a 3 year old boy had been involved in a bad accident. The guy I knew had actually performed CPR on the little boy until the emergency crew arrived. It had everyone in the area shook up. I stuck around and fished for a couple hours. I caught some big fish, but I just couldn't really get into it. With still some daylight left I got back in my car and drove home. I learned last night that the little guy didn't make it. He lived for about two days and then his heart just gave out. I can't imagine what his parents must be going through. I'm also concerned about the guy I knew that performed CPR as he was mentally pretty worn out from the whole ordeal. Anyway, fishing is supposed to be fun and relaxing, this was pretty much the opposite of that. Here is a short report I found on it this morning.
http://www.montanaoutdoor.com/2016/04/canyon-ferry-dock/

Thumper
04-25-2016, 11:49 AM
Oh wow ... so sad. I don't get the dock thing though. They say it "collapsed" ... was it an adjustable rake sort of set-up? I see the dock in the video, but don't really understand the "collapse" part. It sounds like it was state owned ... my guess is every scumbag attorney in the area is itching to get involved.

Man, I can't even imagine what the parents (or your friend) are going through right now. My condolences.

Big Skyz
04-25-2016, 12:03 PM
I was parked near that dock. I looked it over in person and can't figure out what happened either.

Thumper
04-25-2016, 01:00 PM
Some of those portable docks have adjustable rake set-ups so they can adjust the angle of the ramp for varying applications, including transport. I don't know what all is involved in releasing the locks for adjustment purposes, but I'm just wondering if he was under it and it released to where it folded flat and crushed him. A tragedy any way you look at it.