PDA

View Full Version : How many people..

HideHunter
12-13-2012, 09:50 PM
would you guess had scallops and fried 'coon for supper? I had the coon in the Dutch oven and the wife brought home scallops. Made great horseduvers. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-13-2012, 10:10 PM
I think if I cooked fried coon for my wife she would either have me committed or I'd have to commit her.

And that's a combination that's fit for Anthony Bourdain.

BKB

HideHunter
12-13-2012, 10:52 PM
Wife does real well with the wild game. She even tried the bobcat I fixed a few weeks ago. I thought she might drag her feet on that one but she (and my two buddy's wives) all went back for seconds. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
12-13-2012, 11:18 PM
Did you disguise it as Moo Goo Gai Pan?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
12-14-2012, 07:49 AM
I'd be afraid to bring scallops home as my boys might like them and I can't afford to feed them stuff like that on my wages. Last night's dinner was grilled venison kielbasa.

LW
12-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Grilled venison kielbasa sounds delicious.

Chicken Dinner
12-14-2012, 09:23 AM
These are fresh and they are pretty darn good. I actually had a mix up with the processor (totally my brain fart) and meant to get smoked, but I've been finding interesting ways to cook these. The best thing I've had so far was mixed in with some homemade cream of potato and leek soup.

Bwana
12-14-2012, 10:40 AM
As much wild game as my family eats, my wife was about beside herself when the boys and I brought home, cleaned up, and made squirrel for dinner one day. I can't imagine what her response would be if I tried it with coon. :)