PDA

View Full Version : Stay tuned Hank!

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2016, 09:49 AM
Cards-Gnats starting tonight!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
04-29-2016, 10:14 AM
Damnit! I'll be camping with the Scouts and will be reduced to following it on line. After a hot start, the Nats have cooled off this week. You may be catching us at the right time.

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2016, 10:22 AM
The Card ain't exactly tearing it up. Ought to be a good test for both clubs.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2016, 11:41 AM
On second thought. I think we'll sweep.

BKb

Chicken Dinner
04-29-2016, 11:47 AM
I know how much you love you some Dusty Baker! You'll be ready for a sad nap come Sunday afternoon...

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2016, 12:00 PM
I know how much you love you some Dusty Baker! You'll be ready for a sad nap come Sunday afternoon...

I've already started warming up cussing him.

BKB

LJ3
04-29-2016, 03:12 PM
I'd focus more on cussing the fine athletes in our 3 and 4 holes. Yer dang pitcher will prolly wind up crying.

BarryBobPosthole
04-29-2016, 05:47 PM
Our pitcher is one of Dusty's old pitchers so he's prolly gonna give him a big tongue kiss when he sees him.

BKB

quercus alba
04-29-2016, 06:57 PM
that's why i'm not a big baseball fan, too much of that homo stuff goes on. Figured Thump would be all up in that since he appears to be a switch hitter hisownself

:rockon

Thumper
04-29-2016, 07:00 PM
HEY!!!

Chicken Dinner
05-01-2016, 07:28 AM
I've got my broom on standby.😎

BarryBobPosthole
05-01-2016, 07:49 AM
If we could just skip the first inning things would be different!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
05-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Lets not talk about this now.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-01-2016, 08:34 PM
Too soon?

BarryBobPosthole
05-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Haha, nah, but it sure stings! Good thing its a long season! Or maybe later I'll amend that to, "Man, its gonna be a long season!"

We gots some problems and some folks need to start producing. We've won with our regulars not doing shit and a couple of rookies providing offense way above their averages. That won't last long against good teams, as evidenced this weekend.

The Gnats are an awesome team! That rotation is what impresses me. Maybe they were right about The Big Marine after all!
That's really the only thing that's changed for them this year. Hate to see it. He's a nice guy and Baker is an asshole.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-02-2016, 11:22 AM
I liked Williams, but the team played tighter than Dick's hat band under him. The team has played well, and loose, so far. But, Cardinals aside, they've had one of the easiest April schedules you could have imagined. May, with KC, Cubs, Detroit, Mets twice, Cards again, is the complete opposite. We'll have a real good idea where they are in anther 29 days.

Chicken Dinner
05-03-2016, 09:32 AM
Don't feel too bad Posthole. The Nats scored 2 in the first last night against KC and won 2-0.

(Have I mentioned how much I'm growing to hate inter-league okay and the unbalanced schedule?)

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2016, 09:38 AM
The Cards hit five dingers and 10 runs last night to break the Phillies win streak at six and their own losing streak at four.

I am wondering what happened to my Cardinals? They don't hit five dingers and they don't have their pitcher's slot hitting three run home runs.

Maybe the Cards are getting ready for when the commish invokes the DH rule across both leagues, at which time I might just hurt some piece of furniture in my house, namely the tv.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-03-2016, 09:48 AM
You really think they're headed that way? Man, that would piss me off. I grew up an AL guy (O's as we didn't have a team in DC and my family was originally from there.) and didn't appreciate the difference until the Nats came to town. They may as well not play baseball if they're going to institute the DH rule. At least half the strategy behind the game and roster construction goes away. I may have to quit watching MLB in favor of NCAA Women's fast pitch softball.

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2016, 10:10 AM
I go into instant curmudgeon mode when this topic comes up. In fact, I'm trying to watch less of MLB channel's talking heads for that very reason.
The first step the commish will take (I believe) is to debut the DH in interleague play at National League parks just to get NL fans used to the idea. Then it'll only be a matter of time.
The one fly in that ointment is the fantastical number of just awesome young players in the majors right now. Look at how many out and out all stars are in the game and in their early 20's nowadays. That might delay things, because if you think about it, it will be the temptation to keep a Pappy Ortiz or a Matt Holliday on board for gate and offensive power long after their defensive skills have diminished. But these young players are a draw too, and new Cuban talent will make it more so. So my theory is watch out for the small market NL teams who aren't making as much money (I'm lookng at you, Milwaukee Brewers) and don't have the young up and comers to be the ones who push for it. Maybe the youth movement will be our savior from the DH though.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking. This commish is a sellout Mf'er.

And speaking of people I hate, the sabremetricians on MLB, the young assholes who prolly throw like a girl, get all the airplay these days. i cuss those guys too!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-04-2016, 02:36 PM
Nats have already put up 5 on KC in the top of the first and haven't even made an out yet.

BarryBobPosthole
05-04-2016, 04:30 PM
If they ever play the last eight like they play the first they're going to be something else!

LJ3
05-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Dang, I forgot to do this...

Chicken Dinner
05-05-2016, 01:30 PM
BAM! Now, that's the kind of smack I'm talking 'bout...