PDA

View Full Version : A bird in hand..... or, don't screw with a gift horse....

Big Muddy
05-03-2016, 11:33 AM
I love turkey hunting, but we have very few turkeys in my area....I got a nice place to hunt in Bama, on some in-laws property, but it's a 6 hour drive over there....so, I've been looking around for a small turkey lease in the hills of east MS.

A few weeks ago, I was talking to one of my rabbit hunting buddies, who lives in the east MS hills, and mentioned that I was looking for a turkey lease....he called me last night, and asked if I was still interested in a turkey lease....well, duhhhh!!!

It turns out that his neighbor, who he had hired and mentored as a youngster and was now a very successful businessman, had purchased his 320 acres, when my buddy retired a few years ago.

He said it is very isolated land, loaded with turkeys, and absolutely nobody turkey hunts it....the owner only deer hunts it, and feeds the deer heavily....sooooooo, that means the turkeys are eating well, too.

This is the best part....as a favor to my buddy, the lease is free to me....I can hunt it any time I want to at no charge....and, it is only an hours drive from my house!!!

The owner had this pic on one of his deer cameras, and sent it to my buddy....I think I've died, and gone to turkey heaven !!! ;)

Chicken Dinner
05-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Gobble! Gobble! I think my snood is getting engorged...

LJ3
05-03-2016, 12:49 PM
Something tells me larke will be banging on your door in a hour or so.

Captain
05-03-2016, 01:06 PM
I'm tie up at the doctors office right now but will probably be clear sometime this afternoon. I think I can get there in time for a morning hunt! :D ;)

BarryBobPosthole
05-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Tied up? You mean they had to reach up your ass to tie your nuts back together after horsing those bull reds all week?

BKB

Big Muddy
05-03-2016, 01:51 PM
Cap, I would tell ya to come on down, but our season closed May 1st.
But, we'll definitely plan something for next year.

Thumper
05-03-2016, 01:53 PM
I can hear Cappy's response now .....

Seasons???? We don't need no stinkin' seasons! ;)

Captain
05-03-2016, 01:59 PM
I can hear Cappy's response now ..... Seasons???? We don't need no stinkin' seasons! ;)

BINGO!!!
The only season for Wild Turkey is Salt and Pepper!