PDA

View Full Version : Applied

BarryBobPosthole
05-05-2016, 08:14 AM
Applied last night for social security benefits. Twas as easy as pie.

I am now oh-fficially suckin' on that big giant American titty!

So y'all work hard now ya hear?

BKB

Thumper
05-05-2016, 09:11 AM
Kinda makes you feel OFFICIALLY retired instead of simply "retired", doesn't it?

Fido
05-05-2016, 10:16 AM
welcome tooooo the club!!!!!!!!!!

Hombre
05-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Congrats Barry well deserved. You ran the gauntlet through deregulation to the dot com boom/bust...it was a ride

Chicken Dinner
05-05-2016, 10:54 AM
Good for you! I hope you live to 150 and pull way more out than you ever paid in...

Captain
05-05-2016, 06:11 PM
Congrats man!
Be sure to leave some for ME. :D

Arty
05-05-2016, 06:36 PM
We will keep working and make sure you and mamma stay fed.
Just no more foot pics man.... It's weird.

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2016, 09:49 AM
So My application gets approved by the Social Security drones and their website says my next payment, by which I suppose they have to mean my FIRST payment is on Oct 19, 2016. Trouble is, I turn 62 on Aug 16 of this year. So Where's my Sep payment? They all gong to Tahiti with my money or what?

No, I'm not the suspicious type.

They also said I'd get a letter from them in snail mail confirming my acceptance. Which I guess is my acceptance into the Old Farts Club.

BKB

Arty
05-11-2016, 10:04 AM
You can get to Tahiti and back on $348?!

Thumper
05-11-2016, 10:18 AM
So My application gets approved by the Social Security drones and their website says my next payment, by which I suppose they have to mean my FIRST payment is on Oct 19, 2016. Trouble is, I turn 62 on Aug 16 of this year. So Where's my Sep payment? They all gong to Tahiti with my money or what?

No, I'm not the suspicious type.

They also said I'd get a letter from them in snail mail confirming my acceptance. Which I guess is my acceptance into the Old Farts Club. BKB

Well duh! Didn't you read the SS website first? You have to be 62 for a full month before your benefits start ... NOT 30/31 days ... I mean a full NAMED month, so .... well, nevermind, this should make it clear as mud! Here ya' go! :D

Assume you want to start Social Security as soon as you turn 62. Your birthday falls on August 16th, so a few months before that you file for benefits.

According to Ben Stump in the Social Security national press office, “Social Security law states that a person [increases in] age on the day before their actual date of birth.” In other words, for Social Security purposes, you turned 62 on August 15th.

Fine, but why didn’t your benefit start in August? Because of another rule that only applies when you want to begin receiving retirement benefits at 62- the earliest age possible. This requires that “an individual must be age 62 for the entire month,” says Stump. September is the first month that you can possibly be 62-years-old for a full month.

However, not everyone born in August has to wait until September to begin Social Security at age 62. As Stump explains, “An individual born on the first or second day of the month (attainment of age 62 on the last day of the preceding month or the first day of the current month) could be entitled to benefits for the month of his or her 62nd birthday.” That’s because in either case that person would be considered age 62 for the “full” month of August.

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Only if you screw 100 retirees out of a month of their SSI.

BKb

BarryBobPosthole
05-11-2016, 10:22 AM
Well duh! Didn't you read the SS website first? You have to be 62 for a full month before your benefits start ... NOT 30/31 days ... I mean a full NAMED month, so .... well, nevermind, this should make it clear as mud! Here ya' go! :D

Assume you want to start Social Security as soon as you turn 62. Your birthday falls on August 10th, so a few months before that you file for benefits. If you quit work at the end of July assuming your first Social Security check will arrive in a week or so, you would be in for a rude awakening: Based upon this scenario, the earliest your benefits will start is September.

According to Ben Stump in the Social Security national press office, “Social Security law states that a person [increases in] age on the day before their actual date of birth.” In other words, for Social Security purposes, you turned 62 on August 9th.

Fine, but why didn’t your benefit start in August? Because of another rule that only applies when you want to begin receiving retirement benefits at 62- the earliest age possible. This requires that “an individual must be age 62 for the entire month,” says Stump. September is the first month that you can possibly be 62-years-old for a full month.

However, not everyone born in August has to wait until September to begin Social Security at age 62. As Stump explains, “An individual born on the first or second day of the month (attainment of age 62 on the last day of the preceding month or the first day of the current month) could be entitled to benefits for the month of his or her 62nd birthday.” That’s because in either case that person would be considered age 62 for the “full” month of August.

That is pure unadulterated horse shit. They didn't wait until I was 18 for a month before I had to register for the fucking draft did they? Fuck no. I didn't have to wait a full month to get my drivers license did I? Fuck no. I didn't have to wait until I'd been 21 a month to drink my first legal beer did I? Fuck no.

This is the stupidest reason for fucking people out of a month of theor own money I've ever seen.

BKB

Thumper
05-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Settle down, they're only screwing you out of 21 days. (10th - 31st) Just think how pissed you'd be if you'd been born on the 3rd! ;)

Your October check will actually be payment for the month of September.

Your complaints are falling on deaf ears. If you'd like it fixed, you may have to vote for Trump! :D

Oh, and I was born on January 18th ... so I had to wait a full year before I could start the first grade ... when all my friends were entering the SECOND grade. Sometimes ya' got's ta' wait! ;)

Thumper
05-11-2016, 10:49 AM
That said, think about how pissed you'd be if you'd waited until FULL retirement at age 66, and your birthday happened to be August 1st. You file 3 months early (like you did), but according to SS, you "officially" turn 66 on July 31st! In other words, you filed a month early and your benefits will actually start in August ... at a reduced rate because your benefits started before you were officially 66!

(figure THAT one out Sherlock!) ;)

LJ3
05-11-2016, 01:14 PM
Don't be gettin' his heart rate all jacked up again dangit!

Chicken Dinner
05-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Just dot gov sticking it to the little guy again ...