PDA

View Full Version : Sign me up!

BarryBobPosthole
05-18-2016, 08:43 AM
NOT!

What a bunch of moroons.
BKB

http://newsok.com/voluntary-online-sales-tax-to-become-oklahoma-law/article/5498780

Captain
05-18-2016, 08:48 AM
See therein lies the difference in Democrat and Republicans.
On its face this appears to be plain stupid. I'm a republican and this was passed by republicans and I can step aside and call it dumb... (There may be facts that make it a smart move I'm unaware of but on its face it sure seems stupid)
However If Democrats had passed this same law all democrats would get into lock step and say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

BarryBobPosthole
05-18-2016, 08:54 AM
Au contraire, shad breath!

BKb

Thumper
05-18-2016, 09:16 AM
WTF???? That has to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I had a problem with your link, so Googled it instead, so this quote may not be from the same article.

Companies also are being asked to send yearly statements to their Oklahoma customers, telling them how much they spent and reminding them they may need to pay state taxes on that amount. The state Tax Commission would not get a copy.

Now, let me get this straight. It's VOLUNTARY. What the "F" does my highlighted part mean?

BarryBobPosthole
05-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Yes, the whole thing is voluntary. For businesses as well as the citizens who would pay said tax.

BKB

Hombre
05-18-2016, 09:55 AM
Companies like Amazon have went as far as marking states red where they won't open offices, attend conferences and in general contribute funds because of online tax policies.....I am sure they'll volunteer...end sarcasm

Chicken Dinner
05-18-2016, 10:32 AM
They've been pretty hard lined traditionally. But, have softened their stance a bit with the advent of same day shipping and the need for more distribution centers closer to their customers. According to their website, they collect sales tax in 28 of the 45 states that have a sales tax.

Hombre
05-18-2016, 10:45 AM
They've been pretty hard lined traditionally. But, have softened their stance a bit with the advent of same day shipping and the need for more distribution centers closer to their customers. According to their website, they collect sales tax in 28 of the 45 states that have a sales tax.

Ya they have, but I doubt they'll volunteer anything.