PDA

View Full Version : Attention All Liberal Elite Foodies

BarryBobPosthole
05-29-2016, 03:39 PM
Whatchoo eatin' today?

We're grilling burgers and dogs tonight, I've got a batch of vanilla bean ice cream custard chilling in the fridge and we'll chuck it in the ice cream maker tonight. Got a watermelon iced down, and a case of Coors Banquet beers iced down in the stubby little brown bottles.

The kids and their kids will start showing up here in a bit and we'll get the party started.

Happy Memorial Day fucksticks.

And here's to the memory of all those who came before us to make our nation a great place to love and to live in!

And with that preposition, I'll just end it there for Jimmy to bite on.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Going Jamaican tonight. I've got a mess of boneless chicken thighs soaking up some Jamaican jerk marinade and an even bigger mess of Red Stripes on ice. It's fixin' to rain like hell here in about an hou so that might put a damper on things.

LJ3
05-29-2016, 04:19 PM
Lucia's out of town for softball so I'm solo tonight. Got some babybacks baking in dry and foil at 175. Gonna finish those on the grill later when I get hawngry. Oh, and home made potato chips.

Was gonna have fresh striper fish tacos 'cause we tore the rockfish up jig fishing yesterday but I've been told I have to let the damn family have some of those... which is BS!

airbud7
05-29-2016, 05:04 PM

Captain
05-29-2016, 06:31 PM
Y-U no have the race on?
The REAL race.
NASCAR!!!!

Thumper
05-29-2016, 07:18 PM
Watchin' the Charlotte race (fell asleep during the Indy race, so I'm rested up)!

Lynn BBQ'd two racks of baby back ribs, homemade coleslaw and all the fixins' ... so I'm stuffing my piehole while enjoying a RACE ... not some faggoty baseball game!

Arty
05-30-2016, 10:14 PM
I'm just gettin back to civilization and catching up.

If the question about dinner was last night (Sunday night) then my answer is:

Freshly smoked bone in pork chops cooked in chutney sauce over a hot fire of oak and hickory.
Paired with Mexican corn on the cob and augratin potatoes, also cooked over the same aforementioned flame.

And since Sunday night was the last night camping, we sent the kids to bed early, and had to finish every ounce of alcoholic beverage we had left. It's a rule that is always a great idea when you start, but you remember it the next morning. :)

I am always at a loss for words when it comes to Memorial Day.... Can't put a pen or tongue to how I feel. I DO stare at the flag a little harder, and remember and honor those who made that freedom possible.

DeputyDog
05-31-2016, 08:33 AM
Had family in for the weekend for the REAL RACE that happens on Memorial Day weekend. For all you dufes that don't know better it happens in Indianapolis and has 100 times over the past 105 years!

Had the grill going almost nonstop with NY strips, chicken, burgers and dogs for the kids. Pretty much every day other than Race day had a good part of it spent out on the lake boating.

BarryBobPosthole
05-31-2016, 08:41 AM
Sounds like an awesome weekend, Deppity!

BKB

Big Muddy
05-31-2016, 10:01 AM
The grands came up, and brought friends with them to water ski....day'um, kids that age can flat tear up some groceries...I watched a 15 year old boy eat 3 big bbq butt sammiches, 2 Seven ups, and 4 Little Debbie nutty bars, at one meal !!! ;)

DeputyDog
05-31-2016, 10:33 AM
Sounds like an awesome weekend, Deppity!

BKB

It was.

Bwana
05-31-2016, 03:40 PM
In addition to making about 25 lbs of turkey, swan, & goose jerky, I did these up for supper which went quite nicely with baked potatoes and asparagus.

Chicken Dinner
06-04-2016, 03:22 PM
I'm trying something new today. I went to the market looking for a packet brisket so I could try Barry's method and all they had were flats. They did have some nice looking short ribs and I going to give this recipe a try:

http://biggreenegg.com/recipes/smoked-beef-short-ribs/

Basically, a homemade rub, a couple hours of smoke (I went with pecan instead of the hickory in the recipe.) followed by braising on the BGE for another couple of hours. I'll prolly spoon it over some Parmesan/asparagus risotto.

Chicken Dinner
06-04-2016, 04:11 PM
Starting to look good and just threw them into the DO to braise.

airbud7
06-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Looking good there CD!.....email me a rib or 2/...;)

Arty
06-04-2016, 09:55 PM
I can't imagine those will be any good CD. Send them to me and I'll dispose of them.