PDA

View Full Version : CFB off season wish list

quercus alba
06-01-2016, 10:59 AM
It's raining and I'm bored.
1) I want Harbaugh to bring the Wolverines back to their glory days and spank Urban Meyers like a rented mule. Michigan's fight song is one of the great traditions of college football.

2) I want Texas to become relevant again. Love em or hate em Texas being down is not good for college football. Oh yeah, home and home with Arkansas. Permanently. And leave the RedRiver Shootout alone. Not rivalry, SHOOTOUT you bunch of PC goobers

3) TAKE THE SPONSORS NAME OUT Of THE BOWL TITLE. It's the Orange Bowl for crying out loud not the FedEx Orange Bowl.

4) doing away with the targeting rule is not enough. At least two of the people involved in creating this need to be tazed repeatedly. Publicly. I'm all for players safety, call it unnecessary roughness or something, penalize them 15 yds and go on. No reviews that take 20 minutes and still get it wrong.

5) Baylor, A&M and ole miss need to go back to being doormats. Not good for football. Like a crack whore marrying a rich guy doesn't mean she's high society

6) I want to see more coaches take a stand against drugs and crime on their teams. Dwi's and drug charges, loss of scholarship. Sexual assault or violence against women.... Sayonara

7) the NCAA is too big. Reduce it, simplify it or get rid of it

8) 2 D1 non conference opponents on every schedule or you don't go to a bowl

9) eight playoff teams with a two week window between the semis and the finals.

10) and last but not least, Too Many Bowl Games

Chicken Dinner
06-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Cool post. Random reactions:

1. Agree on Urban Meyer. He's a supercilious prick and needs some public shaming.

2. Totally disagree about Texas. They are the problem. Texas' selfishness blew up the Big 12 and made all this conference realignment crap way worse. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

3. Love the Baylor comment. I'd include TCU as well.

My addition:

11. Scrap this ridiculous overtime nonsense. That ain't football ad ties can make actually make this playoff stuff even more interesting. At the minimum, don't count the points in the stats. Give the winner 1 point and the win if you have to.

quercus alba
06-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Texas has to be relevant, like Notre dame their losses mean nothing when they're down.

Chicken Dinner
06-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Spoken like a true Yankee fan...

Texas has to be relevant, like Notre dame their losses mean nothing when they're down.

Chicken Dinner
06-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Oh yeah, can I be a bit selfish and wish that my team, NC State, could be even somewhat relevant? I just saw the Vegas odds and the over/under is 6 wins.

quercus alba
06-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Hey, that makes two of us. I kinda like the Wolfpack, they almost always upset one of the big boys. Just don't come across with any of that Dook love

jb
06-01-2016, 12:17 PM
I like your first comment, I've got more than a few thousand invested in this school and love their tradition.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwRpUwuCdcA

quercus alba
06-01-2016, 12:24 PM
12) make Les Miles the CFB commissioner. Fall afternoons would become a whole lot more interesting

13) halftimes should be discussing the game you're watching with the bands playing in the background just like it used to be. Do not go back to ESPN booth for highlights of other games

Chicken Dinner
06-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Just don't come across with any of that Dook love

Do you even know me? I've been voted the #1 Dook Hater in America three years running...

quercus alba
07-16-2016, 10:52 PM
thought it's about to resurrect this old man, I just want to reemphasize #4, #5 and #7. six weeks till kickoff.

Predictions:
Boomer Sooners 10-2
Wolfpack 8-4
Miss st 6-6
Hogs 7-5
Clempson 11-1
Bama 11-1
Michigan 9-3
The Bugeaters 8-4
Suckeyes 11-1
Shorthorns 5-7
LSU 8-4 bye bye Les
The Gus Bus 6-6

Chicken Dinner
07-17-2016, 08:27 AM
As a Wolfpack fan, I'd take 8-4 going into the season. It's about time we had a season where we exceeded expectations. Anybody besides me, tired of Bama and tOSU? So, who is in the playoff if they both have one loss?

BarryBobPosthole
07-17-2016, 09:14 AM
Z. We have to restore the glory of the Emerald Nuts Bowl, one of my annual favorites until it was taken over. Played on a baseball field. Good commercials. Awesome use of the Hooterville cam they use at games nobody is at.

BKb

quercus alba
07-17-2016, 09:33 AM
If Houston can upset the Sooners in week one, they could crash the party. They thrashed a pretty good FSU team in the peach bowl last year. I don't really like them....reminds me to much of the fun and gun offense of the Andre Ware days. I don't mind a quick slant or a screen but I want to see the ball thrown down the field

BarryBobPosthole
07-17-2016, 09:41 AM
The bad news is that they're a very dangerous team. The good news is we play in the Big 12 where that type of offense isn't unknown. Taco Tech for one.

BkB