PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mudward

Thumper
06-03-2016, 11:41 AM
I thought you might find this interesting ...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/all-southerners-come-home--as-has-long-disappeared-music-legend-bobbie-gentry/2016/06/02/3988aba2-28df-11e6-a3c4-0724e8e24f3f_story.html?wpisrc=nl_az_most

Big Muddy
06-03-2016, 02:01 PM
Yep, I'm pretty sure she's living alone, amongst her family and close friends over in south Tallahatchie County....only a few miles from my house.....nobody really knows why she is such a recluse.

Big Muddy
06-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Oh yeah, almost forgot....in the movie, "Ode to Billy Joe", which was filmed right up the road here, there were a bunch of local kids who were cast in the movie.

The young lady on the right, Cindy Turner, is now a school teacher, and lives right up the road from me....this is the school bus scene with Robbie Benson....she weighed about 90 lbs. back then, and jokes about still weighing 90 lbs. now, with an additional 100 lbs. to boot....she's a "big" girl, now, for sure. ;)

Thumper
06-04-2016, 12:26 PM
That's one of those songs that, when I think about it, I can tell you exactly when I heard it the first time, where I was and who was with me. We moved to Mississippi in June of 1967 (right after school let out for the summer). Most of that summer, we lived in an apartment while we were house-hunting and wanted to be moved by time the new school year started. We were all out by the pool (my mom, bro's and sisters) with a gal who lived a couple of apartments down from us. She had a transistor radio with her and that song came on the radio. For the next few months, I must have heard it elebenty-bazillion times! Luckily I liked the song (who didn't?).