PDA

View Full Version : Ya' know anything about Cerakote?

Thumper
06-04-2016, 08:25 PM
About 15 years ago, I gave my son a .40 Cal. Beretta along with about elebenty-bazillion rounds of ammo. He said he shot the heck out of that gun and it was starting to look a bit worse for wear. He said it was starting to look like crap ... scratches, bits of rust ... basically abused. I suppose as he got older, he started taking better care of it but it just looked "tired".

Well, it seems he completely disassembled it, completely cleaned it up, then sand blasted it to get rid of the paint and any blemishes. Then he did a two-tone job on it with Cerakote (I'd never heard of it). I think it came out lookin' pretty dang good for a first effort! He says it looks so nice now, he hates the thought of shooting it! Here are a few pics he texted me. (obviously, pic 3 is the finished product)

7207 7208 7209

Arty
06-04-2016, 09:53 PM
Wow!
I've got a few I'll send to him!!!

Thumper
06-04-2016, 10:16 PM
It surprised me. Actually, it was a little bit beat up when I gave it to him. A guy actually gave it to me (used) to settle up on a debt he owed me because he was short of cash. I promised him if he ever wanted it back, I'd sell it back to him. I never heard another word from him, so about 5 years later, I gave it to my son as his first handgun. Man, I kinda want it back now! ;)

jb
06-05-2016, 11:12 AM
I had it done to one of my trap guns. Finish is suppose to be better and tougher than bluing.
It comes in about 200 different colors (even Thumper pink)
So far it has held up real well.
Looks like the did a very nice job.

Thumper
06-05-2016, 12:34 PM
I haven't seen it "in person", but I'm impressed with the photo. I think the 2-tone looks pretty cool.