PDA

View Full Version : Well, I guess Maine was expecting me!

Thumper
06-05-2016, 08:23 PM
We landed in Portland this afternoon. As soon as we got off the plane and walked into the terminal, I was greeted with this .... :D

7215 7216

Chicken Dinner
06-06-2016, 08:06 AM
The even got the "old" part right!

Thumper
06-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Bite me! (why is it I expected that comment from one'a youse dufes?) ;)

Well, the weather gods are NOT with us on this trip. It was raining when we arrived yesterday and rained non-stop until the wee hours of this morning. According to the weather report, yesterday was 100% chance of rain, so they were right on.

Today only shows a 10% chance, so we're going on our "cruise". It's sounds kinda cool. Lynn arranged for us to go along on the "mail boat run". It's a "working boat" that takes passengers, mail and freight to the various islands of Casco Bay here in the area (Little Diamond, Great Diamond, Long Cliff and Chebeague islands). It sounds kind'a interesting.

But tomorrow's rain chances? Ha! 90% ... Wednesday? 80% ... And Thursday, the day we're LEAVING? You guessed it ... 0%! Oh well, we're gonna make the most of our time here. Who cares if it's raining while I'm stuffing lobster into my pie-hole? ;)

LJ3
06-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Roll with it Thumpass.

Someone once asked me why I was fishing in the rain two days in a row. I said I don't mind and the fish are already wet.

Makes sense if you're an idiot like me :)

Thumper
06-06-2016, 09:56 AM
I'm with ya' Lenster. We're definitely making the most of it. It's cloudy this morning with a 10% chance of rain, but supposed to clear up this afternoon and be nothing but sunshine and 79 degrees. Our "mail run" begins at 2:45 pm (lasts 3-1/2 hours), so we should be good. We'll just work around the rain for the remainder of the trip. We're not going to let it be a big deal.

We just winged it yesterday and this morning. There's PLENTY to do around here within walking distance since our hotel is right on the water in the "Old Port" area of town. We're back in the room now getting ready to head out and pick up our rental car, so we can spread out a bit.